No power from car

Chimuel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=274674
Hi -- I have a Hex-Net Pro and when I plug it into the car the lights do not come on --only when I plug it into the computer it turns on and when I do a test I get this Questionable status:

XTGBroi.png

A little bit of background -- the battery died in my 2015 Golf Sportwagen and my wife had the battery replaced and the shop plugged into the OBD2 and reset the battery adaptation. Any chance that could that somehow have fried the port?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Check that you have power on pin 16 of the diagnostic port. The HEX-NET thinks you don't. If you don't, chances are it's due to a blown fuse.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ for those mk7s with the steering wheel on the not-right (being, not-correct) side, its Fuse #8 (10 amp) on the fuse panel under the steering wheel like this:

9CHlvas.png

But if this Terminal 30 fuse is blown, you should also have problems with:
Rotary light switch -EX1-
Electromechanical parking brake button -E538- (if fitted)
Rain and light sensor -G397- (if fitted)
Diagnostic connection -U31-

Don

Chimuel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=274674
Just as I was suspecting -- I will follow up on my findings once I am back from vacation in a couple of weeks.

I imagine this fuse has something to do regarding my lighting system fault as described by Uwe and Don.
wF2lPNW.jpg

Always grateful for everyone's help!

Chimuel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=274674
It was indeed Fuse #8 under the steering wheel (Left hand drive car). I am out of town and was able to talk the wife through the process of replacing it and doing the battery coding adaptation (went from the OEM 60AH to a larger 70AH AGM battery).

Cheers folks!

Back