2007 Audi A6 ignition fault

Kam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41543
Hi I have a 2007 Audi A6, with no ignition, so can’t carry out a auto scan of the vehicle as there’s no communication with any of the modules. Terminal 15 missing as there’s no ignition when key is inserted. I’m guessing it may be the key itself.
The customer said he drove it no problem parked up and when he went back to it no ignition.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
RTFB WD would be the start with DVOM tests manually right?

Kam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41543
Hi sorry, not sure what you mean by RTFB.
But guess WD=wiring diagram.
Yes manual tests are where I started at the Ignition switch, but was a very quick test I have battery voltage on the 2mm wire and 2 other battery voltage on the 1mm wires.
I am going to look at the fuse box relay box on Monday check for any water ingress in the box underneath.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
How did you measure the voltage or current, do tell please? :rolleyes:

Kam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41543
Measured the voltage with a digital volt meter, there is also a earth present at the ignition switch.

I also tried bridging the terminal 15 relay see if I have got ignition lights come on the Dash. According to the wiring diagram the relay Earth is activated by the Immobilizer, but after bridging it there’s no ignition I believe the fault may be at the fuse box in engine compartment.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Did you know tests for voltage with DVOM are inadequate, tests for current are required?

PIVOT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=200803
Try Adress 05 for access start, you'll likely find something of interest in there. Columns are common to have issues with steering column motors (mainly the hall sensor)

Kam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41543
Did you know tests for voltage with DVOM are inadequate, tests for current are required?

Ah we call it a drop test here, or generally a load test, that I did not carry out.

On the plus side it was the key that was faulty, tried the spare key and all working perfectly well

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well if you posted an auto-scan and looked at DTC's or blocks for key status you would of known faster, huh?

Thank you for reporting your solution though.........

Kam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41543
Well that was the issue it would not communicate with anything, I could not get VCDS to establish any communication with any modules. Hence I said in the first message that I couldn’t post a scan. Oh well I’m always learning so maybe I’ll get a complete auto scan and post it as I can now communicate with the vehicle and if there was something different I could do next time with something similar

Back