Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imported VW tiguan from Australia, trying to download UK maps but region issues

Post Thanks / Like
    leave coding ......EU map is different region that AU map

2 options
    1) Only dealer can enable proper region, however ODIS will see that VIN was made for AU and will allow only restore AU (this is what I am thinking)
    2) Open AU map and EU , you will see 2 catalogs at the begining
    One of the catalog is a region, so change name of that catalog to that name what AU map use
    keep contents this same, only change name E0 .... is like that
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    leave coding ......EU map is different region that AU map

2 options
    1) Only dealer can enable proper region, however ODIS will see that VIN was made for AU and will allow only restore AU (this is what I am thinking)
    2) Open AU map and EU , you will see 2 catalogs at the begining
    One of the catalog is a region, so change name of that catalog to that name what AU map use
    keep contents this same, only change name E0 .... is like that
    Can you private message me, so I can understand what your saying clearer and ask some more questions? Kind regards

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Spacewalker suggests - in the link a tweak to use maps the other way round for Discovery Media (Europe) ---> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how-...morocco.10331/

Basically the tweak is just to rename the directory containing "wrong/needed" maps. Perhaps something similar works for you.

It seems that MY17 Tiguan can have either Discover Media or Discover Pro Infotainment System installed. Have a look at map updates ---> https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwi...aps-download#/
    There are separate sets of maps for each type.
    Discover Media accepts only OEM SD cards but my impression is that in Discover Pro any SD card can be used.