I'm selling my unit

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Hi Guys, so after much confusion and stress with the VCDS -Mobile I've come to realize that most of the functions do not serve my old VW Cabrio as I expected it would. Also, I spend more time trying to figure out if the unit has problems or if I am just not savy enough for computer-related diagnostic tools. So instead of wasting hours and sometimes weeks trying to figure out whether it's me or the car or the unit or the computer that's at fault or if there's any fault, I've decided that it's time for Divorce
So instead of having the unit in the drawer with the used phones taking up space, I'm going to sell it. Question is do I or can I remove the one vin from the unit and what else do I do before handing it to the buyer?
Also, does Ross-Tech have a way cheaper tool which is best suited for a 2002 automatic VW Cabrio?
Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
VINs cannot be removed. We can't even do it in-house. You don't need to do anything to it before you sell it. If you wish to remove your registration info from it, please submit a new registration request with the name "Unsupported User" and any address you want (it can be fake). The e-mail address the registration request comes from must be real, so you can receive the Transaction ID needed to store the new registration info in the interface, but the e-mail address itself is not stored in the interface.

Do we have a cheaper tool? Sure, the HEX-V2, which will work identically the same as your HEX-NET when you plug it into a PC via USB. See here.

-Uwe-

Back