Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 4.2FSI Q7 Multiple cyl misfire. ROUGH running/ barely idles -at wits end....

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks PIVOT, motor and tranny assembly already out.
    Jack, thanks, already the entire SSP dl'd
    Next: separation.....
    ...............YAY!

Pictures!

Vehicle Identification No. WA1BV74L78D048214
    Model audi q7 qu. 4.2
    AQ7
    Date of production 31.01.2008
    Model year 2008
    Sales type 4LB4EL
    Engine Code BAR
    Transmission Code JXS

Did you use brass bunches and plastic wedged/hammers for separating covers?.......NOT steel pry bars!

Did you verify all key pins on adjusters?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-10-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool school project...........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack your definition of cool is definitely different than mine. Students are enjoying it though.
    If I had a dollar for every "LS it" comment.....
    Like the Sealube suggestion... never heard of that stuff. I'll check it out.
    We'll be gentle prying stuff apart...

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack your definition of cool is definitely different than mine. Students are enjoying it though.
    If I had a dollar for every "LS it" comment.....
    Like the Sealube suggestion... never heard of that stuff. I'll check it out.
    We'll be gentle prying stuff apart...

Before you pry anything get the hidden bolts on bottom of timing covers, please don't forget them okay?

Do you have all the special tools to lock everything down?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tools arrive Wednesday while I'm at work, but won't matter, I won't need them until Thursday.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...dvSXhfYlVNZkN3
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...Y2SjhUMENjOEc0
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...1JN1VESlF1Nmdn

Already spotting missing guide material....

Post Thanks / Like
    Pivoting in another direction, so much for the scope idea huh?

Holy sludge FOD apparent in that thing, did you inspect sump pickup yet and take off adjusters to verify all pins or keyways?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, I know the VAG is some kind of sweet tool. And I know that is what this forum is about not scopes.

And also I know a guy like you and the team from Ross tech can probably tell what is wrong before opening the hood, I call this empirical studies, experience, just is what it is.

But with an engine as complex as this, would have done a relative compression and compression wave form back about page one before buying a butt load of parts. As. You note all the lines might look sweet but what if a keyway or other is compromised now what do we trust.

As you stated with no codes has somebody played with it?., I hate it, makes it really tough for the garage guy when trying to trust the scanner data.

Again great stuff, have a great new year.

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Watched that video ‘till the end. Was going so well until he squidged that sealant on like toothpaste from the tube. The whole idea is that the bead of sealant just fills the width of the channel. Well, I suppose it gets them business, as the customer will be back with an ‘unrelated issue’ of oil starvation wrecking the engine - after a snotty string of that sealant blocks an oil way later down the road.

I’m not a Master Technician, though...

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr. Z. Knows.......
    Sometimes things are posted to show what not to do, huh?
    Seal lube or engines die, you want it on that aluminum wall, you need it on that wall?