Thread: Hi! I have some problems with my retrofitted RNS-E and multifunctional steering wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I have some problems with my retrofitted RNS-E and multifunctional steering wheel

Hello!

I have an Audi A6 C5 2003 Avant 1.9TDI. Previously i had a Concert II radio and now i retrofitted it with RNS-E. Also i upgraded my steering wheel.
    But now i have one problem. Neither of RNS-E and MFSW don't communicate with vag-com. All other stuff works well.
    RNS-E play music and do every other things and steering wheel also communicates with RNS-E (volume up and down). But the only problem is that i can not access to the radio, navigation and steering wheel module in vag-com.
    I want to recode the RNS-E, but when i select radio module it says no response from controller. I double checked my k-line wiring and all seems right. Can somebody please help me with that.

Best wishes,
    Tarvin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Please start by posting an Auto-Scan so people can see the state of the rest of the car.

Did Audi ever put the RNS-E in the C5 from the factory?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Code:
    Data from pirated VCDS removed
    And yeah i think they put RNS-E in the C5 from the factory, but i am not sure.

I also send a 2013 scan, where you can see there was a radio module.

Code:
    Data from pirated VCDS removed
    Last edited by Uwe; 01-20-2015 at 10:48 AM.

4. Likes Angel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I might be wrong but from my experience on 3B Passat it seems that CAN gateway is not refreshed for new devices!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Both scans Tarvin posted were from cloned/pirated versions of VCDS. We're done here.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes AIB Wolfgang liked this post