03 Brake Security Access Code needed

AudiA32016

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386038
If I were to hazard a guess, and it is most definitely a guess, there is a bit in you ABS Module (Byte 23, Bit 7) that I have seen labelled as "DSR", That might be where the error is coming from.

You can try deselecting that bit, clearing codes in the ABS module, and see if that solves your issue.

I did have an error in 03 ABS for DSR error.... But the place to change it is in 44 steering. I cleared the fault in 03 brakes and it did not come back after turning on DSR in 44 steering.
Hope that clears things up for someone else....

I had no fault showing in 44 steering too....

AudiA32016

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386038
Just some extra info.

I was poking around looking at more measurements and I noticed a lot of cool stuff.
Like the "straight line running"
When you recalibrate steering angle sensor it changes offset from straight line running.
Then the car has a short term and long term adaptation to this new line running....
I checked it but mine is not calibrated to this "new line" yet....
I suppose you have to drive it for a while.

I do my own alignments so this information was very interesting to me...…

Well I dunno if its all that cool. Its actually just more stuff to mess with to get a proper alignment....haha
mixed feelings. Great when it works spot on, when I have to fix it =/

From the sound of it though, even a lot of dealers have no clue about this stuff....

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I have observed this along with taking physical measurements in air when suspension is relaxed.

I too always do my own alignment.

I use strings and levels with caster/camber mag hub gauge and a tape measure with tread bar made from electrical conduit to finalize with the wheels on.

When auto crossing or racing it's important to know a basic setting. This so you can drive home or not burn down the rubber or destroy a wheel bearing.

Back