2006 Audi A4 2.0t cooling fan issue

buster1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32631
Hello I have a 2006 Audi A4 2 L turbo the cooling fans do not seem to come on for engine temperature engine temperature is coming up fine and linear on the VCDS , gauge is smooth and stable , Both fans are working for air-conditioning any help would be appreciated

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Maybe car isn't hot enough this time of year what about logging?

buster1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32631
I am in the united Arab emirates temperature is 27-30 Celsius , Temperature on VCDS measuring block one is reading 95 -100°C driving and when the car is shut down with the key on up to 108°C and the fan still does not start , there’s no codes or anything so what good would a scan do . The fan start up as soon as I put the air-conditioning on though . Can anyone answer when specifically the fan should start temperature wise possibly it’s not getting hot enough

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I am in the united Arab emirates temperature is 27-30 Celsius , Temperature on VCDS measuring block one is reading 95 -100°C driving and when the car is shut down with the key on up to 108°C and the fan still does not start , there’s no codes or anything so what good would a scan do . The fan start up as soon as I put the air-conditioning on though . Can anyone answer when specifically the fan should start temperature wise possibly it’s not getting hot enough

See everything is about information you provide and in your profile you show Canada and its snowing in Canada not a desert?

A scan along with VIN number helps the collective of this forum look up information and get a full picture of your vehicles more specific attributes, however, by all means dismiss what is asked and suffer is your choice, is that what you want or are you going to do what is asked without further apprehension and dismissal insulting the forum?

Time to JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...essional-Problem-Solver-Guide-quot-JPPSG-quot

images

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
See everything is about information you provide and in your profile you show Canada and its snowing in Canada not a desert?
It looks like he was in Canada when he joined the forum five years ago. I'll fix his profile now. :)

-Uwe-

Back