Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: VW T5.1 Caravelle MFSW retrofit

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    VW T5.1 Caravelle MFSW retrofit

    Hello Gents,

    I fitted a Passat B7 Paddle Shift MFSW

    It does lit up and the paddles working, but none of the buttons are.

    Repir wires fitted in position 9 to 12V live and position 10 to BCM position 17

    MFSW activated with VCDS and still no luck

    here is my scan.

    Any opinion would be appresiated

    Code:
    Chassis Type: 7H-VN75 (6N0)
    Scan: 01 02 03 04 08 09 0D 10 15 17 18 19 25 56 69 6C 78 0B
    
    VIN: WV2ZZZ7HZCH133237   Mileage: 133710km-83083miles
    
    01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
    02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
    03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
    04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
    08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
    09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
    0D-Slide Door, Left -- Status: OK 0000
    10-Park/Steer Assist -- Status: OK 0000
    15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
    17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
    18-Aux. Heat -- Status: OK 0000
    19-CAN Gateway -- Status: Malfunction 0010
    25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
    56-Radio -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
    69-Trailer -- Status: OK 0000
    6C-Back-up Cam. -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100
    78-Slide Door, Right -- Status: OK 0000
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine (J623-CFCA)       Labels:. 03L-906-022-CFC.clb
       Part No SW: 03L 906 022 JD    HW: 03L 907 309 H
       Component: R4 2,0L EDC   H36 9112  
       Revision: 22H36---    Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 0125401A232400080000
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 50316
       ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20BTD01103L906022JD 002012
       ROD: EV_ECM20BTD01103L906022JD_002.rod
       VCID: 70ACD288AB2E1FCF57-8024
    
    No fault code found.
    Readiness: 0 0 0 0 1 
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 02: Auto Trans (J743)       Labels:. 0BH-927-711.clb
       Part No SW: 0BT 300 045 M    HW: 0BH 927 711 C
       Component: DSG DQ500-7F  H05 1710  
       Revision: 00H05V01    
       Coding: 0014
       Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
       ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDQ500021 001001
       ROD: EV_TCMDQ500021_VW36.rod
       VCID: 3FCE41B4A6F0B0B79E-806A
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 03: ABS Brakes (-----)       Labels: 7E0-907-37x-MK25AXT.clb
       Part No SW: 7E0 907 379 J    HW: 7E0 907 379 E
       Component: ESP MK25A XT  H43 0109  
       Revision: 00H43001    
       Coding: 108764AD09A7089826A49074AA6510
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 49152
       VCID: 393A2FACB0D49E87A0-806C
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255)       Labels:| 7E5-907-040.clb
       Part No SW: 7E5 907 040 AC    HW: 7E5 907 040 AC
       Component: ClimatronicT5 H19 0407  
       Revision: 00001003    
       Coding: 0004000102
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 50316
       ASAM Dataset: EV_ClimatronicT5 A01003
       ROD: EV_ClimaAutoT5Basis.rod
       VCID: 699ABFEC88F4EE0710-803C
    
       Slave 1: 
       Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7E5 907 049 B    HW: 7E5 907 049 B
       Component: Heckbedienung  H10 0202 
       Serial number: BHB-0012304120015096
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels:. 7H0-937-08x-09.clb
       Part No SW: 7H0 937 087 H    HW: 7H0 937 087 
       Component: BCM T5GP H+4  H47 0254  
       Revision: BO047001    Serial number: 0429 108120725
       Coding: A0B2793A0E612413932888106C2B8ED50080410F60844000300003000000
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 12345
       VCID: 393A2FACB0D49E87A0-806C
    
       Subsystem 1 - Part No: 1K0 955 559 AH  Labels: 1K0-955-559-AG.CLB
       Component: RLS 180412 05  54  0403 
       Coding: 02302E
    
       Subsystem 2 - Part No: 7E1 951 171 
       Component: DWA-Sensor 00  001 0104 
       Coding: 000000
    
       Subsystem 3 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
       Component: LIN BACKUP HO  H05 1501 
       Coding: 000000
    
       Subsystem 4 - Part No: 7E1 951 171 
       Component: DWA-Sensor 00  001 0104 
       Coding: 000000
    
    2 Faults Found:
    01332 - Door Control Module; Passenger Side (J387) 
                004 - No Signal/Communication
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 76
                        Mileage: 133710 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2014.04.19
                        Time: 23:50:13
    
    01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386) 
                004 - No Signal/Communication
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 76
                        Mileage: 133710 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2014.04.19
                        Time: 23:50:13
    
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 0D: Slide Door, Left        Labels: Redir Fail!
       Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
       Component: Schiebetuer-SG  407 0328  
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 00000
       VCID: 302C1288A3AE5FCF17-8064
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels:| 7E0-919-475.clb
       Part No SW: 7E0 919 475 E    HW: 7E0 919 475 A
       Component: PARKHILFE 8K  H11 0013  
       Revision: --------    Serial number: 47461208500166
       Coding: 108102
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 50316
       ASAM Dataset: EV_VW75XParkAssis8K A01005
       ROD: EV_VW75XParkAssis8K_A01.rod
       VCID: 34241E989FB663EF73-8060
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 15: Airbags (J234)       Labels:| 5K0-959-655.clb
       Part No SW: 7E0 959 655 C    HW: 7E0 959 655 C
       Component: VW10Airbag00P H07 0013  
       Revision: --------    Serial number: 003HM002866L
       Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000003050
       Shop #: WSC 02754 790 50316
       ASAM Dataset: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVN750 A01026
       ROD: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVN750_VW12.rod
       VCID: 3620249089CA71FF4D-8062
    
       Crash sensor for side airbag: driver side: 
       Serial number: 3495ZRB405B0P7HOEHCF
    
       Crash sensor for side airbag: front passenger side: 
       Serial number: 3505ZRB40510P7AOGGM1
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels:| 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
       Part No SW: 7E0 920 980 E    HW: 7E0 920 980 E
       Component: KOMBI         H04 0306  
       Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 460F01
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 50316
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09 A04114
       ROD: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09_004_VW32.rod
       VCID: 2D120BFC7C9C32273C-8078
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 18: Aux. Heat        Labels: None
       Part No: 7E0 815 071 B
       Component: J737__Standheizung  0605  
       Revision: 00085000    Serial number: 09019275F00000
       Coding: 0000031
       Shop #: WSC 02757 790 00000
       VCID: 2404EED8E756F36FE3-8070
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)       Labels:. 6N0-909-901-6R.clb
       Part No SW: 6N0 909 901     HW: 7H0 937 087 
       Component: GW-K-CAN TP20 H47 0254  
       Revision: BO047001    
       Coding: 042300
       Shop #: WSC 02756 790 12345
       VCID: 70ACD288A32E1FCF57-8024
    
    2 Faults Found:
    01304 - Radio 
                004 - No Signal/Communication
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 76
                        Mileage: 133710 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2014.04.19
                        Time: 23:50:14
    
    02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772) 
                004 - No Signal/Communication
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 76
                        Mileage: 133710 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2014.04.19
                        Time: 23:50:13
    
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 25: Immobilizer (J334)       Labels:| 5K0-920-xxx-25.clb
       Part No SW: 5K0 953 234     HW: 5K0 953 234 
       Component: IMMO          H04 0306  
       Serial number:               
       Coding: 000000
       Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
       ASAM Dataset: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09 A03009
       ROD: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09.rod
       VCID: 6A98C0E08DF2E51F19-803E
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 56: Radio
    Cannot be reached
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 69: Trailer (J345)       Labels:. 1K0-907-383-V2.clb
       Part No SW: 1K0 907 383 H    HW: 1K0 907 383 G
       Component: Anhaenger     H12 0130  
       Revision: 3B001001    Serial number: 00000509112665
       Coding: 0100000101000000
       Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
       VCID: 322818806DA26DDF61-8066
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 6C: Back-up Cam.
    Cannot be reached
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 78: Slide Door, Right        Labels: Redir Fail!
       Part No: 7E0 959 243 D
       Component: Schiebetuer-SG  407 0328  
       Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
       VCID: 302C1288A3AE5FCF17-8064
    
    No fault code found.
    
    End----------(Elapsed Time: 02:24, VBatt start/end: 12.4V/12.2V)--

  2. #2
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limalex View Post
    2 Faults Found:
    01332 - Door Control Module; Passenger Side (J387)
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100100
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 76
    Mileage: 133710 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2014.04.19
    Time: 23:50:13

    01331 - Door Control Module; Driver Side (J386)
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 01100100
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Reset counter: 76
    Mileage: 133710 km
    Time Indication: 0
    Date: 2014.04.19
    Time: 23:50:13
    Looks like you disconnected the LinBus which is going to your door controllers by connecting your MFSW.
    Normly those share the same Linbus pin 17 on BCM.
    Try disonnecting your wire there and look if erros in BCM regarding doors is gone.
    If yes, than your wire is probably connecting not to the LIN Bus from MFSW.
    Check that wiering.

  3. Likes MartinsX, Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
  4. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoermann View Post
    Looks like you disconnected the LinBus which is going to your door controllers by connecting your MFSW.
    Normly those share the same Linbus pin 17 on BCM.
    Try disonnecting your wire there and look if erros in BCM regarding doors is gone.
    If yes, than your wire is probably connecting not to the LIN Bus from MFSW.
    Check that wiering.
    Thank you Sir,

    That faults possibly from previous work i have done and maybe has not been erased yet, but double check tomorrow.

    If not pin 17 the right Location how can i figure out the right one ?

  5. #4
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Error regarding the Door Controllers is still there.
    In your scan the Door Controllers as subsystems of the BCM are missing.
    See here, my Autoscan: https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f...art=75#p561789
    There you see
    Code:
       Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 J    HW: 7E0 959 801 J  Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
       Component: J386__TSG_FT  003 8652 
       Serial number: KU0KU008101300018609
       Coding: 0400A1
    
       Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 J    HW: 7E0 959 802 J  Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
       Component: J387__TSG_BT  003 8652 
       Serial number: KU0KU002101300011203
       Coding: 1400A1
    And that is missing in your scan.
    TSG ==> "Tür Steuergerät" ==> DoorController
    FT Fahrertür ==> DriverDoor
    BT Beifahrertür ==> PassengerDoor

    And i am pretty shure that those are miising because of that you jammed up the Linbus who connects BCM and the Door Controllers.
    Probably by connecting BCM Pin 17 to GND or 12V.
    Or did you just put the origibnal wire out of Pin 17 on BCM ?

    Get the original VW Shematic to better understand what you are doing.

  6. Likes Uwe, myounus liked this post
  7. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoermann View Post
    The Error regarding the Door Controllers is still there.
    In your scan the Door Controllers as subsystems of the BCM are missing.
    See here, my Autoscan: https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?f...art=75#p561789
    There you see
    Code:
       Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 J    HW: 7E0 959 801 J  Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
       Component: J386__TSG_FT  003 8652 
       Serial number: KU0KU008101300018609
       Coding: 0400A1
    
       Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 J    HW: 7E0 959 802 J  Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
       Component: J387__TSG_BT  003 8652 
       Serial number: KU0KU002101300011203
       Coding: 1400A1
    And that is missing in your scan.
    TSG ==> "Tür Steuergerät" ==> DoorController
    FT Fahrertür ==> DriverDoor
    BT Beifahrertür ==> PassengerDoor

    And i am pretty shure that those are miising because of that you jammed up the Linbus who connects BCM and the Door Controllers.
    Probably by connecting BCM Pin 17 to GND or 12V.
    Or did you just put the origibnal wire out of Pin 17 on BCM ?

    Get the original VW Shematic to better understand what you are doing.
    I just checked the wiring and the one was attached to the pin 17 somehow slipped off maybe because i did not soldered them. I used clamp instead. I Erased the fault codes and all buttons work fine. No fault in the latest scan.

  8. Likes Uwe, apial liked this post
  9. #6
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, so your issue is solved now compleetely ?

  10. Likes Uwe liked this post
  11. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... next time make good wire connections
    Golf VII, 1.6TDI BM Ed. 40 - 110 PK

  12. #8
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnoermann View Post
    Congrats, so your issue is solved now compleetely ?
    Yes finally , but according to your project maybe new issues will come soon

  13. #9
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    ... next time make good wire connections

    Well... Yes I thought I did, and did not even think that the connection causes the issues

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •