Thread: New VCDS

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

New VCDS

Hi, can someone let me know if the latest software will speak to all the controllers in my 2016 Q7 as the 19.6.1 will not speak to some controllers.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are you using a HEX+CAN interface? It is not VCDS that is at issue. The interface cable is at issue. HEX+CAN is good thru the 2015 model year on most cars... but in 2016 life changed in the VAG lane. HEX+CAN could not handle the changes and all new interface products were introduced.. We have an upgrade program. Let us know if we can help further.

3. Likes Boki Ar, Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

New VCDS

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Are you using a HEX+CAN interface? It is not VCDS that is at issue. The interface cable is at issue. HEX+CAN is good thru the 2015 model year on most cars... but in 2016 life changed in the VAG lane. HEX+CAN could not handle the changes and all new interface products were introduced.. We have an upgrade program. Let us know if we can help further.
    Thanks for the reply Bruce, I have gotten to the bottom of the problem now. what I thought was a genuine Ross-Tech product has turned out to be a cheap ebay knock off. So at the moment I am not a happy bunny as I paid handsomely for it. the interface must have inferior internals.

I have now ordered the real deal from a authorised uk distributer.

5. Likes Uwe, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GMack87 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Bruce, I have gotten to the bottom of the problem now. what I thought was a genuine Ross-Tech product has turned out to be a cheap ebay knock off. So at the moment I am not a happy bunny as I paid handsomely for it. the interface must have inferior internals.
    Start a dispute with eBay stating that the cable is not genuine and is a rip-off copy.

7. Likes Uwe, DV52, busterboy, Bruce liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have also noticed "Rip-off" copies been sold on Facebook sales groups as well as eBay for little money in the UK.

People think they are getting a bargain when in-fact they are buying junk that doesn't work and can possibly screw your expensive car.

Most of all they are stealing some ones hard work that has been put into research and design.

9. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, Bruce liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by busterboy View Post
    People think they are getting a bargain when in-fact they are buying junk that doesn't work and can possibly screw your expensive car.
    These junk copies may or may not screw up your car (if they even work) but they will also often seriously screw up your computer and maybe your network as well. Most fake VCDS purchases come with a CD with a cracked (hacked) version of VCDS software. These CDs are often infected with malware of one (or more) types. The cheap can often turn out to be very expensive.

Have Fun!

Don

11. Likes PetrolDave, busterboy, Bruce liked this post