Issues with hex-net infrastructure mode

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
My device loses connection to wifi in infrastructure mode. I can see that it is connected to the correct profile but cannot get ip address. Sometimes it does not find any of my networks..if i change the wifi channel, the scan tool can see my network again.
If i disconnect the hex, i have to manually connect to wifi in config menu(force it to connect) It will not remember my network and randomly finds my networks.
could it be a network/wifi issue, or the hex?
I have a asus mesh system and the 2,4 gHz network is set to channel 8.
There is some issues with my hex and my network, but dont know what it is..

Today i tried to perform some coding on my Audi in infrastructure mode.. got an error. The vcds worked normal, but coluld not code my car. Connected the usb cable to the hex, and that worked ok.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Is your WiFi dynamically changing the channel? The HEX-NET can only scan the channels allowed in the USA i.e. channels 1 to 11, but routers in Europe can use channels 1 to 13 so if your router is using channels 12 or 13 the HEX-NET will not see the network.

I've had to configure my router to tell it it is in the USA to avoid this problem.

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
But i have manually set the channel to 8 on my 2,4 gHz network. It is always channel 8 now!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please elaborate what you mean my "Asus Mesh System". Do you have multiple Wifi access points with the same SSID?

Assuming you have an Android device, please grab this and post a screen-shot of what you see.

Lastly, 8 is not a channel that makes much sense. Use 1, 6, or 11. 8 will get interference from both 6 and 11.

-Uwe-

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
Dont know. changed my wifi channel to 11, and the config tool cant find my wifi.. in the overview window it is connected to the wifi, but no ip. Cant find the network in the scan.. It can see all my neighbors network but not mine..
Got a Asus RT-AC67u 2 pack in a mesh system. Two wifi networks 2,4 and 5 gHz with SSID: Altibox and Altibox_5g

hex unit blinking red/green

Do you have to use the vcds mobile in infrastrucure mode or can you use the regular vcds on my laptop?

Edit: The problem is that my hex will not Connect to my wifi using channel 11. Will not show up in the scan network utility. I think it is some network tweek needed to solve this.. but dont know where to start. No need for port forwarding on my local network?

Other settings in my network could cause this issue?

Last edited:

premium

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247892
changed the settings to lagacy krypt from automatic.. solved the issue, and now connects to channel 11 :)

9sz1.png

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Do you have to use the vcds mobile in infrastrucure mode or can you use the regular vcds on my laptop?
VCDS on a computer can be used with the HEX-NET via USB, or via WiFi in Access Point or Infrastructure mode.

VCDS-Mobile in a browser can be only be used via WiFi, either in Access Point or Infrastructure mode.

-Uwe-

Back