The dreaded MK5 Golf GTi battery drain.

Davyf

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi People,
We have a 2006 MK5 Golf GTi, with a stage 1 remap. It has the terrible battery drain problem, a friend who has a VCDS cable and program advised us to change the Gateway Control Unit to a newer/upgraded unit, so we fitted a 7N0 907 530 AG. After fitting the unit the battery drain is still as bad as ever, with the car locked up, including the bonnet latch and everything switched off I am getting an amp reading of 2.105. Should we start looking for broken door wires? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

It's a terrible problem that spoils such a great car......

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davyf

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP

Davyf

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Why me??

My apologies for posting that, I had no idea that person I used to scan the car was using a fake. I will speak to him very soon.

Regards
Davy

Why has my post been sent to the hall of shame?? I done nothing wrong, it was the garage I used, who has the reputation of being a can bus expert, who supplied that double dutch info to me.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Why has my post been sent to the hall of shame??
Because that's what happens to threads posted by people using illegally pirated versions of the product that we make our living producing.

Post scan data from a legitimate system in this thread and I'll split it into a different section for you and make the previous posts in this thread disappear.

-Uwe-

Back