Side assist retro install in MK6?

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
I've done this a retrofit seat leon, which not has as option the side assist, i have adapted the Audi A3. My main problem is that modules LED lights do not fit into the mirror, I had to adapt on the pillars inside . my other downside is that the cluster LED alarm is not operating, I guess it's because the EEPROM is not designed for my car this option, despite having the LED indicator on the cluster but not activated. I active on and deactive from the FIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W10qYSblfR0

Cheers

we not talk here abut MQB platform as your Seat is
PQ35 platform only , no even point to compare Passat due to different componnets and software

Reactions: Uwe

SI-R32

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=99715
To resurrect a slightly old thread, does anyone know if its possible to enable this without using the instrument cluster, my thinking is, I've upgraded from red to white MFD and lost menu's but it doesn't bother me as I can make things happen in the coding and or adaption and don't need the lights or convenience menu's, so along those lines once I have this fitted to my golf is it possible to use adaptation to enable the blind spot assist system?

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
To resurrect a slightly old thread, does anyone know if its possible to enable this without using the instrument cluster, my thinking is, I've upgraded from red to white MFD and lost menu's but it doesn't bother me as I can make things happen in the coding and or adaption and don't need the lights or convenience menu's, so along those lines once I have this fitted to my golf is it possible to use adaptation to enable the blind spot assist system?

Enable Side assistance - need Assistance menu
Light and convenance is another menu
2 different menus

SI-R32

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=99715
Enable Side assistance - need Assistance menu
Light and convenance is another menu
2 different menus

Thanks for reply I totally understand there 2 different menus, but many functions in the light and convenience menus can be changed and turned on via VCDS (you don't actually need the cluster), so do I 100% need assistance menu in cluster or can I enable this via VCDS using coding/adaptation channels?

So if I did need a colour cluster could I use just any cheap VW colour cluster like this (see link) just to turn it on then swap back to my programmed white one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...fc2eddd&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=302237786223

I don't have the money to source and install a 200mph blue needled Scirocco colour cluster, but once turned on should it just work in the background?

Last edited:
Back