Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warranty issue

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Warranty issue

I HAVE DONE CERTAIN TWEAKS ON MY AUDI A6 WHILE GETTING CAR SERVICE AUDI DEALER DETECTED TWEAKS ON THERE SOFTWARE AND WARNED ME IT WILL VOID MY WARRANTY I WANTED TO ASK IF I RESTORE ALL TWEAKS TO ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTING BEFORE SENDING CAR TO DEALER NEXT TIME WILL THEY THEN ALSO ABLE TO DETECT THE SAME. PLEASE HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?

Also, I have never heard of any tweak voiding the warranty, but that's just my two cents. I don't know, what you expect. In what way could anyone help you?

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

warranty issue

I HAVE DONE CERTAIN TWEAKS ON MY AUDI A6 WHILE GETTING CAR SERVICE AUDI DEALER DETECTED TWEAKS ON THERE SOFTWARE AND WARNED ME IT WILL VOID MY WARRANTY I WANTED TO ASK IF I RESTORE ALL TWEAKS TO ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTING BEFORE SENDING CAR TO DEALER NEXT TIME WILL THEY THEN ALSO ABLE TO DETECT THE SAME. PLEASE HELP

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I WANTED TO KNOW IF I RESET THE TWEAKS TO ORIGINAL WILL AUDI SOFTWARE ABLE TO DETECT THE MODS DONE BEFORE

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you yelling & why do you think anyone here would conspire to commit, aid and abed warranty or insurance contract future fraud?

If you modify your car or tamper it why would you not take responsibility for those changes unless granted permission by the OEM?

Ever JPPSG?

Not sure what the laws are in the land of "adulterated" India, however, here some warranties are resistant to being voidable, such as for example "useful life", did you know that?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes psu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can they detect coding and adaptation changes from the stock configuration? Sure.

Will they void your warranty for it? Not in any country that has reasonable laws regarding warranties. Dunno about India.

-Uwe-

PS: Please try to un-stick the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Uwe, I think OP is asking whether if he/she? reverts tweak values back to their factory values (presumably before the car is taken to the Audi dealer) - can the dealer detect that the channels/long-code settings have been altered and then changed-back?

The short answer is NO (@sam- note the capitol letters) - there is no in-built record-keeping mechanism that I'm aware-of that monitors changes in these values (unlike changes to module firmware where there is a counter)

As for warranty - I've had personal experience with a dealer down here that tried to argue that a tweak negated warranty. My role in this dispute was to accompany a friend in his discussions with the service manager. But the dealer's position was flawed from the outset because the tweak involved changes to the car's lighting (Leuchte-set modification) and the fault was related to the ABS module. A tenuous proposition at best by said service manager - which was quickly diffused and the module replaced at no cost to the customer.

Moral of the story - the morals of some unscrupulous dealers (not all dealers) are lower than whale turds -they prey on the ill-informed and vulnerable!!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 12-17-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

11. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When would a dealer actually check and see that coding has been changed? For example, would they check it when I bring my VW in for it's scheduled maintenance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye9723 View Post
    When would a dealer actually check and see that coding has been changed? For example, would they check it when I bring my VW in for it's scheduled maintenance?
    If they do a complete scan, there may be a script that compares the codings and such to the record of what they "should" be on the corporate server. They generally don't do that for during regular maintenance, but if you have some major problem under warranty that they can't figure out easily and would cost them a lot to fix, then they might.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks dv52 this was exactly what i was looking for thanks for understanding.