Thread: Manual Label Files in LCode

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Manual Label Files in LCode

So I've started using the great LCode.exe "offline" on my desktop computer so I can drop in Long Coding strings and then compare against others the bytes/bits etc. Its very useful

However, historically, I've gone to a car and screengrabbed each of the Long Coding Pages of a Module 1 by 1 so I get all the "Plain text" coding while VCDS is connected to the vehicle. I'm assuming VCDS is pulling this info from the module in real-time (?)

What I want to do is import those plain text words for each bit so they can be added as label files when using LCode.exe offline on its own. (without being anywhere near a car!)

I tried to add a label file from my default VCDS install and that worked, but obviously it doesnt have label files for all models and variants which is why I assumed when VCDS is connected to a car its pulling that plain text wording from the module in real-time.

Is there a way to create label files this way to bring that plain text coding where a default lbl file doesnt exist so it can be used in the LCode.exe offline?

I hope that makes sense

Thanks

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

2. Likes MartinsX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you did not understand the way it works.
    Label information for newer cars comes encrypted in either .CLB label files or is extracted from the ASAM data in case of experimental coding.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is possible decode CLB file to LBL and look / edit as TXT
    you can also make a module simulation, to create part number, and connect VCDS to code that "virtual module"
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    I think you did not understand the way it works.
    Label information for newer cars comes encrypted in either .CLB label files or is extracted from the ASAM data in case of experimental coding.
    Thanks Hadez16, appreciate the info.

I do understand that VCDS extracts the info from the ASAM data in the experimental coding, but what I'm trying to find out is whether its possible to extract that data out to a file that could be imported into LCode.exe when running it "offline" (i.e. not connected to car).

Other than screengrabbing each page of Experimental long coding and then manually typing that info into a "label file" which could then be loaded into LCode.exe (offline) before dropping in the long coding string to see what is ticked/not ticked etc

Thats what I'm trying to see if its possible?

Thanks again

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    Is possible decode CLB file to LBL and look / edit as TXT
    you can also make a module simulation, to create part number, and connect VCDS to code that "virtual module"
    Thanks, are you saying this is possible? If so, how do we go about it?

I dont want to violate any Ross-Tech/VCDS rules at the same time.

Thanks

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud View Post
    Thanks, are you saying this is possible? If so, how do we go about it?

I dont want to violate any Ross-Tech/VCDS rules at the same time.

Thanks

Andy
    if you dont want ..... please dont do that
    I gave you 2 options, one is already gone
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT