Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thread Suscription Email Notifications Not Working

Post Thanks / Like
    "Mee too!"...

... and I have a hotmail address (the same one since the 90's!). I do get piles of emails, including notifications, but not from here

PM notifications DO get through though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    "Mee too!"...

... and I have a hotmail address (the same one since the 90's!). I do get piles of emails, including notifications, but not from here

PM notifications DO get through though.
    I have a Gmail account as a secondary account so I've now registered that against my forum profile on here and that seems to be working fine. I've configured the settings of my Gmail account to just forward any messages received onto my Hotmail account. This means that even with two accounts I still only need to check my Hotmail inbox. My Gmail account is therefore simply being used as a relaying account. By doing this I am now getting forum notifications in my Hotmail inbox

3. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add; I have registrered with my normal hotmail address, that I've used since '96 or so.

I have subscribed to a few threads here by a daily email, and I receive the email alerts fine, although it also sends emails about topics that I have already read and replied to, but hey.

Microsoft is probably the most spam stricken platform, at especially during the mid '00s, they were loosing users to the almost spam free Gmail service. At that point, they started analyzing email traffic and blocked domains that their algorithms identified as spammers. This impacted many both forums and corporations, and each had to write (an email, ironically) to Microsoft to be UN-blacklisted. Microsoft being Microsoft, they of course addressed the issues individually in due time and in an orderly fashion (they spent months and months), but in theory it should be possible for Ross Tech to contact Microsoft stating that they receive a disproportionate number of email list complaints from hotmail users, and would like to make Microsoft aware that companies, that deal with user and software activation send out a rather large amount of email, and ask them if it's possible for Microsoft to rectify this frustration for their users.

Kind regards,
    Nicolai