Audi A6 4F "only limited coding"

Borra

Reaction score
Dear All.

About a month or two ago I visited one of my friends who happens to have a RossTech HEX-CAN cable and tried to activate some functions via VCDS on my Audi A6 4F Avant post FaceLift model year 2009.
He did many other cars in past and he knows what he is doing, I was studying it prior too just to get familiar with that, but when we tried to activate functions on my car we were able to do only very little, all the remaining functions were not available.
To name them:
- Curb light via fog
- Emergency brake lights
- Automatic window closing when rain detected

In the section "09 - Cent. Elec." where most of the functions are from all the bytes we could see only the first 3 bytes and the rest was empty/blank with some warning message "only limited coding available".
Then he told me it is most probably my Comfort Unit module, which has only limited capabilities and cannot be configured any further. He advised me to try to replacing it with the module which could do those.
Then I searched forums in my country to see whether there is anyone to tell me which module to look for and I was told that 4F will never do these functions no matter what.
Then another person said he knows at least 2 people having 4F post FL and claims they both have those functions activated.

So on a different occasions and from a different ppl I was told that:
1) 4F will never be able to have it
2) 4F might be able, but only post FaceLift models (mine)
3) 4F might be able, but not with my current comfort unit module
4) On my question "which unit to look for" everyone says there is no such thing like a list of versions or types, so nobody helped

Just to add, on the internet this question "A6 4F curb lights via fog" seems to be a hot topic but no particular answers given. Also, there are some videos in circulation where ppl are having it activated even on pre-FL models.

So I would appreciate if anyone of you could shed some light on it for me.

- Is it really possible/impossible to activate those functions on my car?
- If it is, what do I need to do in order to get it done? Apparently coding is not enough.
- Is there a way to code these functions although the bytes are blank?
- If the problem IS the Comfort Unit module, does anyone know which unit to replace it with?
- If all above is NO, then how did others achieve to have it done?

I am thinking of purchasing a HEX-CAN interface cable myself too, but if my car really happens to be as dumb as others say it is then there is no real point :-(

All answers and points greatly appreciated.

Borra

Last edited:

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Ask your friend for the auto-scan and post it here. Even if he didnt save it, its always saved in the ‘scans’ folder in the ‘ross-tech’ directory under program files.

Reactions: Uwe

Borra

Reaction score
Ask your friend for the auto-scan and post it here. Even if he didnt save it, its always saved in the ‘scans’ folder in the ‘ross-tech’ directory under program files.

Ok, will do. But will see him in a month or so as I'm living in the UK, my wife in CZ is using the car.
Thanks

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
You do not need a car, You need Your friend to dig in his computer and find a scan file named with Your car's VIN - it is automatically saved each time autoscan is done.

Borra

Reaction score
Ok I’ll try him.
He is not “friend” friend...I just know the guy who knows the guy who...so lets see.
Thanks.

Back