1999 Passat B5 Central Locking problem

FiveInline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=229248
Hi!

I have a Passat B5 with a central locking problem.

It started after i had to force the key into the lock due to cold weather, and use some force to actually
turn the key so i could open the door. I only have central locking using the key in the doors, no buttons.

1: It only unlocks the car, from both driver and passenger door the central locking is working unlocking all doors.
2: If i try to lock the car from the driver door, nothing happens, its not locking the driver door
or any of the other doors.
3: If i try to lock via the passenger door, it only locks that door, central locking is not working.
4: The central locking is working fine if i use the buttons on the inside of the driver door (locks and unlocks)
5: The car does not register any doors open, and the cabin lights front and back stays on.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

AIB Wolfgang

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Hello

Create auto-scan.
Error in control unit 46.
Door lock defective, microswitch for lock cylinder and lock switch defective, without function.
Cable break to A-pillar

FiveInline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=229248
Late reply. But i had some fault codes in 46. Driver door and left back door. They where both related to the locking module, and one code related to weak key signal. After i cleared them the central locking is working again. The cabin lights also comes on when all doors are opened. So lets see how long it last.

Back