Thread: 1999 Passat B5 Central Locking problem

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

1999 Passat B5 Central Locking problem

Hi!

I have a Passat B5 with a central locking problem.

It started after i had to force the key into the lock due to cold weather, and use some force to actually
    turn the key so i could open the door. I only have central locking using the key in the doors, no buttons.

1: It only unlocks the car, from both driver and passenger door the central locking is working unlocking all doors.
    2: If i try to lock the car from the driver door, nothing happens, its not locking the driver door
    or any of the other doors.
    3: If i try to lock via the passenger door, it only locks that door, central locking is not working.
    4: The central locking is working fine if i use the buttons on the inside of the driver door (locks and unlocks)
    5: The car does not register any doors open, and the cabin lights front and back stays on.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by FiveInline; 11-14-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

Create auto-scan.
    Error in control unit 46.
    Door lock defective, microswitch for lock cylinder and lock switch defective, without function.
    Cable break to A-pillar
    -Wolfgang

Drive more talk less

3. Likes Uwe, FiveInline liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Late reply. But i had some fault codes in 46. Driver door and left back door. They where both related to the locking module, and one code related to weak key signal. After i cleared them the central locking is working again. The cabin lights also comes on when all doors are opened. So lets see how long it last.