Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Caddy Maxi Life / Security Access Code / 09 Cent Elec

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    This is a Mk6 based / PQ35 BCM so I agree with the guys above. (Mk7 / MQB BCMs are an entirely different animal and they do require a SA code prior to adaptation.)

You already have Byte 14, Bit 2 Fog Lights inactive with High Beams active unchecked but I'm not aware of any way to enable both high and low beams at the same time. You might want to see if enabling some incorrect combination of Xenon Headlights (with or w/o Shutter perhaps) might change the BCM's behavior but I would NOT tweak Byte 18 unless you know the stock value that's hiding under the 00's in your coding.
    Thanks Dana. Yeah. I will maybe just leave well enough alone at this point! As has now been pointed out, even if I could gain access, my planned steps wouldnt have worked anyway. Do you think this is something that could be possible to alter in a future version of VCDS or has VW 'locked' this out permanently?

Thanks.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's very much down to the BCM software I'm afraid. VCDS can't add functionally, just enable or tweak features that all already there.

3. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe, Dana liked this post