03375 - Steering Motor Mechanical Failture - how to clear error

marius-anca

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hello! I have a problem on a VW Passat 2010. I recently bought the car and the clockspring was damaged, horn + driver airbag were not working. I want to mention there was no other fault code on that time. I removed the clockspring wich seems to be the steering wheel control module also and went to the shop to order a new one. In the meantime I tried to move the car on the parking spot with the clockspring removed from the steering wheel and the module 44 Steering Assist registered an fault code: 03375 - Steering Motor 003 - Mechanical Failure. I installed the new clockspring, adapted G85 Steering angle and Steering Limit with succes but I am not able to clear the 03375 fault code, it doesn't even refresh the mileage when I try to clear the fault codes. Is there any possibility to clear this fault code? I tried the Security Access codes VCDS shows me but it never clears (each SA code enables one channel adaption). The power steering is not working, and I got the steering red light on the instrument cluster. I think the Steering Assist registered the fault code because the steering angle sensor was not measuring and I turned the steering wheel but I don't think the Steering Motor should get damaged because of this. I tried to leave the battery disconnected for 12 hours but no it doesn't help. I also checked all the fuses.

Does anyone know how i could clear this error?

VCDS Scan below:

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please could you post an UNEDITED Auto-Scan, you've removed the header and probably the final couple of lines too.

marius-anca

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
All I've removed is date, VCDS version, dealer shop, and the text END at the end. I've been posting the exactly information I found on the post you have on the signature https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?101. I don't understand how does this information change the actual situation and why do you need them.

I will have access again on the computer with VCDS only tomorrow to get the full text.

In the meantime I've found that sometimes this error can be removed with software upgrade. I found someone who can borrow me an ODIS, maybe there is someone here who can help me get the flash file for the upgrade.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
All I've removed is date, VCDS version, dealer shop, and the text END at the end.
VCDS version and cable type is important, especially as you're not (yet?) a verified VCDS user. This can affect how much diagnostic information is available if you're not using the latest version (currently 19.6.2).

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
All I've removed is date, VCDS version, dealer shop, and the text END at the end.
Gosh, I wonder why you would have removed them? Could it be that you knew that version 14.x would make people wonder why you were using software that's five years out of date when updates are free?

In any case, getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Gosh, I wonder why you would have removed them? Could it be that you knew that version 14.x would make people wonder why you were using software that's five years out of date when updates are free?
I just "knew" this thread was going to end up here - the scan didn't "look right" :banghead:

Reactions: Uwe

marius-anca

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
In this case you can delete my post, I'm not gonna pay 600$ for a cable just to get an answer that I think will be: ''you have to change the steering rack''. I just borrowed a VCDS cable from someone in the hope that I will find here someone willing to help. Probably the repair will cost me less money than the cable.

Have a nice day!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
HtoMN9s.gif

-Uwe-

KarelMK5GTI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=441063
Hi, I have the same problem, after repairing the tape in the steering wheel I can't clear error 03375. I bought a new steering wheel unit and still without success. Error 03375 is still in control memory - 44 and cannot be cleared. I found on the internet that it could help the flash drive on a newer version of sw. but it didn't help. I tried the flash drive control - 44 via ODIS-E, but the error still can't be cleared. Thanks to everyone who helps. I am sorry for my English.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
In this case you can delete my post, I'm not gonna pay 600$ for a cable just to get an answer that I think will be: ''you have to change the steering rack''. I just borrowed a VCDS cable from someone in the hope that I will find here someone willing to help. Probably the repair will cost me less money than the cable.

Have a nice day!
🏴‍☠️

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
visit proper garage with proper tools and proper knowledge...... hamer and screwdriver and isolate tape is not a tools for 21st century

Back