New to this forum

martin33100

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4935
Hi, I have just joined this group as it may help me with my new project.
I have been using VCDS for a while to datalog my own cars to help with mapping but I have never coded anything.
My project is putting a RSQ3 engine and running gear in my VW T5 van.
I have the complete RSQ3 as the donor.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That sounds like a challenging project. ;)

-Uwe-

martin33100

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4935
It will be a lot of work, the easy option would be use something like a Syvecs stand alone ECU for the engine, DSG box, Haldex etc but it's very very expensive.
As I have the complete Audi donor car I will try and use the OE system first.

Do you know if VCDS can code out modules I won't be using?, like aircon, electric parkbrake, rear air bags etc.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Do you know if VCDS can code out modules I won't be using?, like aircon, electric parkbrake, rear air bags etc.
Whether or not it can depends on what the software in the various modules allows.

-Uwe-

martin33100

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4935
Whether or not it can depends on what the software in the various modules allows.

-Uwe-
that was my wory as the RSQ3 donor is a 2014.
Do you think most of the modules will have components protection on them?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

martin33100

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4935
Do you know how to use VCDS to take a copy of the coding for each module currently on this Audi?.
Somebody recommended I take a copy of the coding before I start to strip this car, they said if the car gets powered up by mistake when a some modules are disconnected you could loose some of the coding for that module.

martin33100

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4935
Engine swap and can you code out modules not used?

Hi, I may be doing an engine conversion puting a 2014 RSQ3 2.5TFSI engine in a 2004 VW T5.
I have the complete RSQ3 so if I try and use all the electronics can VCDS code out modules that aren't going to be used?, stuff like rear air bags, auto handbrake, air con etc as my T5 has none of this.

Thanks in advance.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Do you know how to use VCDS to take a copy of the coding for each module currently on this Audi?.
Somebody recommended I take a copy of the coding before I start to strip this car, they said if the car gets powered up by mistake when a some modules are disconnected you could loose some of the coding for that module.
Just doing an Auto-Scan will save the coding of all the modules in the Log and Scan files that VCDS automatically saves.

What that won't do is save the values of the adaptation channels in the modules, ... to save them you'll need to save the adaptation maps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Threads merged.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Dave: I'm not sure - but does the new handy-dandy "hex-restore" function in Ross-Tech's later release software provide a solution to this situation? It's not particularly targeted to a retro-fit project, but I wonder if it could be applied?

As I understand, RAW-HEX is meant to "over-lay" the values onto the old module database from which the file was created. But, what happens if the process is applied to a new module of the same type?

I guess the unknown (for me) is what happens in a retro-fit situation in the 2 x cases where the restore process can't find in the new module an adaptation channel with the same identity as that in the HEX file - and what happens to adaptation channels in the new module that aren't in the HEX file?

Do you know - does anyone know?

Don

Last edited:
Back