Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to diagnose 1998 Polo "one day no power, unable to idle, VAG-COM has no codes"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your suggestions Jack.
    I have to be away for a week now, but when I get back I will find look at this on the VCDS and let you know.
    What is hard to understand is that the idling/power problem just happened, out of the blue, one day when it was started up.
    I have worked on cars of all sorts since the 70's myself, so I am well trained to notice things well before they go to crap, but there was nothing to warn me on this one. Feeling humbled by an old VW Polo!

David

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uuuppps
    Sorry, bad translation.

It looks like no clue will work as expected
    -Wolfgang

Drive more talk less

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Yeah been tinkering with toys since the 70's myself and stuff bites me in the ass too.

I do not know everything and I'm bound to screw something up pretty routine, usually it's my poor writing skills or what it seems to be lack of empathy when I write comes across like an asshole.

You will find it don't worry.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack,
    I appreciate you providing PDF of the engine system. Being in German my schoolboy German could not do it, but I found an English version knowing what the title should look like.
    For anyone else needing it in English, look here:https://vdocuments.mx/download/168-b...marelli-1avpdf or PM / email me and I can send a PDF on to you.
    David

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    David is it fixed yet?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack,
    Been away, so only now can I get back to trying all the suggestions.
    So probably going to be a holiday period job!
    David