2015 Passat replacing center console trim cover

clwstl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385402
I have a 2015 Passat in which I am replacing the silver trim with the wood grain (brown burl wood), which I prefer. The door and dash trim were pretty easy, but I am not sure about the center console trim (around the shifter, emergency brake, and cupholders.)

Removal is listed in the repair manual: it says you can just pop it up with a panel tool. It does come up easy, but the repair manual does not state how to disconnect the console engine starter button.

Can anyone tell me how to safely disconnect the starter button, or have a link to video/instructions?

Also, I prefer the models of console in the burl wood pattern that have the little door/hatch over the cup holder. It doesn't appear that this was available in the 2015 B7.

Would there be any problem using one from a prior year B7?

(My confusion is further compounded by the fact that some of the replacement pieces I'm seeing online seem to just be trim overlays, while others have the starter button and some sort of pcb attached.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Pedantic point of order: The 2012+ US Passat should be called the "NMS". It is totally different than the real B7 sold in most of the rest of the world.

-Uwe-

clwstl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385402
Pedantic point of order: The 2012+ US Passat should be called the "NMS". It is totally different than the real B7 sold in most of the rest of the world.

-Uwe-

It indeed is. It is amazing how widespread the use of "B7" for that model year range is, it is almost ubiquitous on parts websites, etc.

Any guidance on replacing the center trim is appreciated.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Any guidance on replacing the center trim is appreciated.
If I had any experience with that, I would be glad to share it. ;)

FWIW, we have a world-wide membership here; lots of people from Europe, and many of them are not aware that a US "B7"/NMS isn't anything like a normal, RDW B7.

-Uwe-

Back