Now what?

mountnman201

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=381606
have a 2001 mk4 jetta with 1.8t with a fried ecu,it has a large burned area center of the main board with multiple components on both sides either charred and/or completely gone several other dark spots in other different areas of pc board indicating high temp burns .pretty sure that it is unrepairable........what is my most economical option going to b able to get it running again?

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
Logic solution would be to find a used ECU and replace it. Only You need to check all wiring/circuits what may cause this BEFORE connecting new ECU and get next one fried. Wait for Jack to show up. He can tell a lot about faults in Oxygen sensor circuits and what happens with ECU's if You have some. I haven't seen it a lot, probably NAR cars have slightly different exhaust control sensors and circuits because of different exhaust emissions standards as we have in Europe.
Have You done an autoscan before it happened?

Reactions: Uwe

mountnman201

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=381606
yes quite a few actually I also feel like this was not the result of a single instance of some single damaging occurinces power flux. , but rather multiple intermittent instances leading to a final permanent failure, anyway im am currently unwraping cable arrays and checking any other high current areas for potential cause or causes but so far nothing that would make one suspect a wiring issue but i will keep looking and will try to get a scan posted quick as i can if it will help.

Reactions: Uwe
Back