Thread: Kenwood Satnav retrofit to a T5.1

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenwood Satnav retrofit to a T5.1

Hello gents,

Is there a possibility to do some coding to fully implement the Kenwood DNX518VDABS multimedia system into my car?

It really annoying me to see a "56-Radio -- Status: Cannot be reached 1100" message after my scan.

The head unit does have a VW partnumber: ZGB 000 035 518VW and it can be ordered through main dealer so I thinbk something can be done.

Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like
    Only if Kenwood have included the ability in their firmware to understand VW diagnostics...

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I've ever seen a scan from a modern car with an aftermarket head unit that was 100% clean. Many of them know how to listen on the CAN bus and interpret at least some of the messages on the bus, but they don't necessarily respond to queries.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is great.. I just some kind of "perfectionist" I just do not like to see the red warnings in my scan.

Is it possible to deactivate the installed modules I do not use for example in my case is the Radio and the beck up camera?

Or I just have to live with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think if tell the Gateway that there is no 56-Radio, you will end up with other faults.

A normal car owner, who doesn't have a scan tool, would never be aware of this issue.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I think if tell the Gateway that there is no 56-Radio, you will end up with other faults.

A normal car owner, who doesn't have a scan tool, would never be aware of this issue.

-Uwe-
    Yes I know.. Thank you