NAR Tiguan OEM LED Headlight Retrofit Info and Question

OEMplusCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=160054
So I'm preparing(researching) for a OEM LED headlights retrofit on a 2019 NAR MQB Tiguan. I have majority of my researched finished but have few remaining questions. As usually, I will post the whole procedure when I'm done. I'm not here just to ask and leave. I always share, provide DYI if I can ;)

Anyway, I'm only planning to retrofit LED headlights, control module and suspension level sensor(this is a FWD so I only need rear sensor). I'm not doing windshield camera as that requires new windshield and dealer level tools to calibrate.

I'm currently stumbled on the G76 rear suspension sensor wiring. The VW wiring diagram(got from erwin.com in April 2019) shows that G76 rear sensor is connected to the J250 module. But the NAR Tiguan was never equipped with an adaptive suspension! Or at least until to this day
I am using this scan from a fully loaded NAR Tigaun as a reference.
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?18164-2019-Tiguan-(SEL-Premium)-2-0L-DGUA

I found that very strange and decided to look into other MQB vehicles. I noticed that NAR Arteon wiring diagram indeed showed two alternative diagrams for the G76 sensor. G76 connected to J250 module if car is equipped with adaptive suspension and G76 connected to the J519 BCM for cars without adaptive suspension. This is exactly what I was expecting and thus I'm concluding that Erwin diagram is simply missing this alternative connection for Tiguan. Can anyone confirm that NAR Tiguan G76 sensor is wired into the J519 just as Arteon? For Arteon the connection is as follow:
G76 Pin1 -> J519 73a/23
G76 Pin3 -> J519 73a/22
G76 Pin4 -> J519 73b/57

I also cross referenced CAN Gateway, BCM and Adaptive Headlight Module part numbers between Tiguan and Arteon. They match exactly! This is making me hopeful

My another alternative is to pay for another subscription and see if VW added this circuit into their diagrams. I noticed that they now advertise 08.2019 wiring revision for Tiguan. I have 04.2019, but I would hate to pay just to check.

For the coding I think it should be doable with VCDS only as long as I get used modules from Tiguan. Here is what I'm thinking from the high level overview:
- Add both headlights and adaptive headlight modules in 19-Gateway list
- Change J519 channel adaptations based on this Tiguan scan
- And possibly something in 17 instrument cluster. Both that stuff might be related to windshield camera features which I don't have.

Is there anything else that I'm missing, any gotchas ? Thank you :thumbs:

I read this thread, it was useful

Last edited:

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
G76 connected to J250 module if car is equipped with adaptive suspension and G76 connected to the J519 BCM for cars without adaptive suspension.
Erwin diagram is simply missing this alternative connection for Tiguan.
I don't know for NAR but for ROW it's the same connections, and yes they're missing quite a lot or just don't have certain connections even ELSA Win is missing and there are a lot of errors, wrong connections etc...

OEMplusCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=160054
I don't know for NAR but for ROW it's the same connections, and yes they're missing quite a lot or just don't have certain connections even ELSA Win is missing and there are a lot of errors, wrong connections etc...

Thanks man. I usually don't see too many differences between NAR and ROW wiring thus I will assume that the NAR Arteon connection and ROW Tiguan connection matches NAR Tiguan.

However, if there is anyone here who can 100% confirm this please post up :thumbs:

OEMplusCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=160054
One more question. Do we know if the modules that I will be adding are checked for component protection CP?
I will be adding following modules to the can-gateway list:

4B - Headlight range module
29 - Left Light
39 - Right Light
D6 - Left Ctrl
D7 - Right Ctrl

I think I should be safe but I would really like to confirm 100% before I proceed.

Thank you

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
I don't think that any of these are in cp constellation but I do know they are PITA to code / upload parameters...

Reactions: Uwe

OEMplusCC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=160054
I don't think that any of these are in cp constellation but I do know they are PITA to code / upload parameters...

I'm hoping that I can go around parametrization by obtaining used modules from the same year model vehicle.

Reactions: Uwe

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
Buy used parts, then no param is needed in most cases. If you use new parts or parts from other cars, models I mean then there is a possibilty it won't work.

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
4B coding is lost when you replace headlights electronics (AFS), I don't know who can code 4B, especially retrofit...

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
Friend. I have often use 4B used modules. Coding stays same. If not
Use odis to make coding by vin :)

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
Use odis to make coding by vin :)
can you explain how to do it when retrofiting? how do you enter different vin (which is read automatically in the beginning) from car that have LED headlights and to code to this new vin which doesn't???

vastechnics

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=143747
Send me PM. I tell you how to do.

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
thank you, colleague from a forum pm'ed me about how to do it.

garyfancy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=350574
Reviving this old thread but curious if OP ever went through with the retrofit here? I am very new to the VCDS world and MQB platform but would love to retrofit stock LEDs, sensors, levels etc with some assistance.

Back