Golf Mk6 Mileage determination

amer

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi,
We all know that mileage spoofing is a big deal in used car sale. MK 6 is EDC17 witch doesn't support the built in tool for mileage check.
What I'm interested can VCDS pull info from DPF filter, when was the last regeneration done @what mileage. Not how many km since last, but at what. Most cars like BMW and Mercedes with spoof mileage fail at DPF.
Also is there a measuring block in 01 - Engine that will show the mileage of ECU.
What I've found that roughly oil ash volume =~ mileage. 60 ml about 60 000 miles... But i don't want rough, i want stored values. Where can be these found.
I don't have a AutoScan since this will be a test for pre purchase.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Without seeing details of the ECU, I can't tell you exactly what data it has available.

-Uwe-

amer

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Code:
Removed. Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

I only have this from Mk6 1.6 TDI
EGR- Delete but only mechanically that's the EGR fault correct, Flow to high ?
- I know from fault date and mileage that "this" car was rolled back, but how can i check in measuring blocks, and dpf mileage?

-If we know for matter for a fact that mileage is stored in different measuring blocks like in ABS module ?, ECU, and DPF why can't you implement auto-pull this data for mileage check in EDC 17 ? Like Mileage Check Option for EDC15-16 ?
Like why cant we have a table off continent of this values on press of a one button... I believe if other car manufacturers log this information that VAG does too. And not only one Module logs the mileage. And people who manipulate the odometer reading can't manipulate or don't want to waste time on doing it to all modules.
just a suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
why can't you implement auto-pull this data for mileage check in EDC 17 ? Like Mileage Check Option for EDC15-16 ?
It took less than one year after we implemented the EDC15-16 mileage checker in VCDS before the odometer fraudsters started "correcting" those ECUs as well. So adding an "easy" feature in VCDS just lets them know what else they need to manipulate.

Beyond that, getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
why can't you implement auto-pull this data for mileage check in EDC 17 ? Like Mileage Check Option for EDC15-16 ?

And your ecu is not EDC17, it is Simos PCR2.x (Continental)

Reactions: Uwe
Back