Measuring Blocks Greyed Out?

judge360

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77581
Hi everyone, I think there's an issue with my VCDS, since the last update the measuring blocks function is greyed out and I am unable to get live data. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks

MartinsX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268515
Post an autoscan for context, screenshots would be nice, too.
Is this the same car and module, where Measuring Blocks button was active with previous version and are greyed out with current version?
All UDS based modules have Measuring Blocks button greyed out and we use Advanced Measuring Values instead.

judge360

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77581
That might be why first time Ive had it on this car which is a seat ibiza. But I do recall last time I used it on my fabia vrs it was there and last week it wasn't. I will get screenshots and do an autoscan and post the results.

Mika_M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=183725
I would recommend some kind of splash screen when VCDS detects that user is accessing UDS module for the first time, to inform that "Measuring blocks are not available in this module, don't panic and use Adv. measuring values instead!". :D

And then maybe another one in module 09, "Yes, coding is all zeroes, don't panic and use adaptation channels instead!".

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Most likely you have UDS protocol car , and as mention above those cars do not have 08-MBV , you have to choose Advance Measuring block.

judge360

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77581
Thanks for that everyone, I do remember seeing UDS at the top so this is why.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I would recommend some kind of splash screen when VCDS detects that user is accessing UDS module for the first time, to inform that "Measuring blocks are not available in this module, don't panic and use Adv. measuring values instead!". :D

And then maybe another one in module 09, "Yes, coding is all zeroes, don't panic and use adaptation channels instead!".
Your excellent first suggestion has already been suggested (I can't find the thread where I suggested it), hopefully it will make it into a future VCDS release.

Like the second suggestion too, that seems to be cropping up more frequently now.

Back