Thread: Measuring Blocks Greyed Out?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Measuring Blocks Greyed Out?

Hi everyone, I think there's an issue with my VCDS, since the last update the measuring blocks function is greyed out and I am unable to get live data. Anyone have any idea why? Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post an autoscan for context, screenshots would be nice, too.
    Is this the same car and module, where Measuring Blocks button was active with previous version and are greyed out with current version?
    All UDS based modules have Measuring Blocks button greyed out and we use Advanced Measuring Values instead.

3. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That might be why first time Ive had it on this car which is a seat ibiza. But I do recall last time I used it on my fabia vrs it was there and last week it wasn't. I will get screenshots and do an autoscan and post the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend some kind of splash screen when VCDS detects that user is accessing UDS module for the first time, to inform that "Measuring blocks are not available in this module, don't panic and use Adv. measuring values instead!".

And then maybe another one in module 09, "Yes, coding is all zeroes, don't panic and use adaptation channels instead!".

7. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely you have UDS protocol car , and as mention above those cars do not have 08-MBV , you have to choose Advance Measuring block.
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that everyone, I do remember seeing UDS at the top so this is why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika_M View Post
    I would recommend some kind of splash screen when VCDS detects that user is accessing UDS module for the first time, to inform that "Measuring blocks are not available in this module, don't panic and use Adv. measuring values instead!".

And then maybe another one in module 09, "Yes, coding is all zeroes, don't panic and use adaptation channels instead!".
    Your excellent first suggestion has already been suggested (I can't find the thread where I suggested it), hopefully it will make it into a future VCDS release.

Like the second suggestion too, that seems to be cropping up more frequently now.