Thread: Replacement engine recommendations

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gloves?

Other protective gear?

Different employment?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    OP

Report?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    OP

Report?
    Replaced cylinder head. Right now having airflow codes due to the guy breaking the EGR valve where the vacuum hose connects to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you know there is no EGR valve in your vehicle, but what you refer to is a KOMBI valve for air pump of secondary air injection?

This is used to blow air into exhaust & pre catalyst to mix with rich fuel mixture during warm up and aid in lighting off the exothermic reaction which is needed for the CAT to function as an AECD to convert GHG gasses & hence the catalytic converter process, did you know that?

So did oil consumption stop by replacing head, I almost believe it won't?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Did you know there is no EGR valve in your vehicle, but what you refer to is a KOMBI valve for air pump of secondary air injection?

This is used to blow air into exhaust & pre catalyst to mix with rich fuel mixture during warm up and aid in lighting off the exothermic reaction which is needed for the CAT to function as an AECD to convert GHG gasses & hence the catalytic converter process, did you know that?

So did oil consumption stop by replacing head, I almost believe it won't?
    I do not know if the oil consumption stopped yet, I only drove 57 miles.
    Yes I knew about the Kombi Valve its part# 06A 131 102 H.
    When I first got the car I used it in England, where the New Beetle was unavailable.
    The Kombi valve developed a fault and had to be replaced, but was unavailable in Europe.
    The similar European vehicles at the time were Passatt, Golf, and Polo, none of which used that part.
    We eventually got it from Canada.