Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf MK7 Gti DSG Japanese Import Help Needed !!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I'm

Glen: OK-first a bit of Leuchte programming theory! The way that the good Burghers in Germany have organised the commands for a leutche channel set (i.e. 19 x adaptation channels) is in groups of four adaptation channels (let's call these a Leuchte channel sub-set). Each sub-set itself has four adaptation channels. I have highlighted a sub-set in my table for each DRL.

As you can see, each of these sub-sets contains two alpha characters in the first two channels which can be separately assigned to different functions, and the pair is then jointly controlled by a dimming value and HD command in the remaining two channels (see later paragraph). Note that the last line in the other three channel sub-sets is a dimming direction command.

Look at the command lines in the last two channels in each of the four sub-sets and you will see that they always refer to the alpha-pair in the first two lines. It matters which Alpha is used because there is a preset priority sequence for the alpha characters. That is, the priority of the commands when the alpha pairs compete is always: GH>EF>CD>AB. This principle is illustrated beautifully by the settings in channels (8) and (9) in my table which relate to the Park lights. So, what the original VW programmers have said is, if the rotary light switch on your car is in the "Park" position, then over-ride the DRL function, but keep the lights illuminated at full brilliance (i.e. 127)- A good thing to do (I think)!

The fact that the B channel has a setting of not active simply means that it doesn't have another function attached to it. This means that the (6) and (7) command lines only control one activity in your car (that being the DRLs). So short answer to your question is (potentially) YES -that's it, but only if the physical gear is in the car.

Incidentally, I'm sure that the entry "always" for channel (6) in the highlighted sub-set looks a bit odd to you! The reason for this entry relates to the term HD in the command line. HD means HeckDeckle, which is the german word for the trunk lid. So "always" means that the DRL should illuminate regardless of the position of the trunk lid, which makes sense. But some of the entries in your adap map for the BCM for channel (6) have the setting "only if closed" - if used, this setting is invariably for the rear lights.

Here end-eth the lesson - thanks for obliging me !!

Answer to your second question is NO. I wasn't aware that you wanted to switch-off the DRLs, I had understood that you only wanted to switch them on! If you want to control the DRLs via the discover media screen, there is a further channel change necessary .

Select (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich ---change setting to active.

Finally, it was remiss of me not to mention that modifications to the adaptation settings will require that you enter the magic number (31347) into the security screen before proceeding.

hi don,

Select (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich ---change setting to active

Looks like this is set to active already on my map

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TD&MCK Car Sales View Post
    hi don,

Select (2)-Daytime Running Lights- Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich ---change setting to active

Looks like this is set to active already on my map
    Glen - I didn't go back to check that the channel was already set. Just took the instruction from my VWW thread. Good, then it should be ok.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glen - I didn't go back to check that the channel was already set. Just took the instruction from my VWW thread. Good, then it should be ok.
    Hi don...good news, now have daytime running lights
    changed the 2 adaptations you said and hey presto, even got the daytime running light funtion on my radio !!

only thing is....
    only the outside lights are on with daytime running lights ive seen a gti driving around near me with all 4 lights lit up ? (inners and outers) is this another setting in adaptations do you know ????

just need to sort my nav out now and i will have a full UK spec jap car !!!

only with the help of you guys though..

thanks glenn

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    my lights are doing this at present...
    daytime running lights are just the 2 outside lights as seen in this pic

my side lights are the same outside 2 as the daytime driving lights only not as bright and the centre of the inside light ?

my headlights are the same as my sidelights other than the centre of the outside light lights up

and my main beam is the same as my headlights only the centre on the outside light is brighter

the inner light led bits dont seem to light up at all ????

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^ Glenn: Good to hear that you now have your (outer DRLs) working!

I've had another look at your Leuchte channels and I've also compared them with other models in my data base. your settings appear to be not dissimilar to other GTI's in my database. The behaviour that you have described with the operation of the all the lamps (except the inner "angel-eyes") are consistent with the settings for those lights in their respective Leuchte channels sets (including the observed light dimming down to 26% for the parking lights). I assume that you are not getting any error messages on the MDF, so I assume that the changes that I suggested are not causing the problem with the inner LED lights. Are you sure that inner angel eyes are actually connected?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    my lights are doing this at present...
    daytime running lights are just the 2 outside lights as seen in this pic

the inner light led bits dont seem to light up at all ????
    That's actually correct behavior for the NAR GTIs. There's no LED modules behind the inner ones unless you have a golf R. I think JP might be the same also.

I know people put aftermarket versions so they can have both, or buy the golf R lights.

8. Likes Uwe, DV52, Gary dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah right, thanks for the reply, i'm happy now then !! just got to try and sort why my interior light dosn't come on when i stop the engine !! tried the switch overhead but it only has 2 positions, (in or out) 1 posistion turns them off alltogether and the other posistion make them work how they are now, only when i open a door (mine is keyless with push button start/stop) if anyone else can advise on this ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah right, thanks for the reply, i'm happy now then !! just got to try and sort why my interior light dosn't come on when i stop the engine !! tried the switch overhead but it only has 2 positions, (in or out) 1 posistion turns them off alltogether and the other posistion make them work how they are now, only when i open a door (mine is keyless with push button start/stop) if anyone else can advise on this ??
    Glenn: it brings me joy to read your words "i'm happy now then"! LOL Seriously, it's good that the outcome was successful.

As for your internal lighting problem, it seems that all KESSY driven ignition switches on the mk7 (regardless of whether they are ROW, or NAR) exhibit the same behaviour with internal lighting. Here's a recent thread that I read on this very topic from a gaggle (is this the correct collective noun- perhaps a "pride" is the better noun?) of fellow forum members on the GOLF MK7 site GOLF MK7.
    Last edited by DV52; 02-02-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi don, thanks again for you help/advise..car is in VW main dealers today to hopefully try and get the nav loaded !! thats the only thing i have got left to do to make my car complete uk !!

thanks glenn

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a recent thread that I read on this very topic from a gaggle (is this the correct collective noun- perhaps a "pride" is the better noun?) of fellow forum members on the GOLF MK7 site
    Now I'm curious. What should we call a group of forum members for VW products :P I have some candidates from the animal nomenclature.

Apes - Shrewdness, Troop
    Cats (General) - Clowder, Clutter, Pounce, Dout, Nuisance, Glorying, Glare
    Crows - Murder, Horde, Parcel, Storytelling
    Owls - Parliament, Stare
    Parrots - Company, Pandemonium