Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi A1 2015 Start/Stop deactivation problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VagImports View Post
    Hello Uwer, thanks, totally understandable. My question for you is, why sometimes unchecking a bit that is clearly related to a tweak, (in this case "enabling start stop", but my question applies for any other case), isnīt enough and sometimes donīt change the function behaviour?
    Just because a bit exists does not mean the software in the modules in the car will pay attention to how that bit is set.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VagImports View Post
    Thanks Don! Thatīs an excellent ida. However, my customer would like to disable it via coding. But Iīll keep it in mind for other cases.
    With SS it's quite often the case that disabling via coding isn't possible.

The advantage of the device suggested by DV52 is that when the car is taken to a dealer or inspected the SS can be operating normally

4. Likes DV52, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I like ALL conspiracy theories - not because I think that they should be believed, but rather because they make folk think laterally (if not dismissed out-of-hand)!!

In this instance though and notwithstanding your gearbox repair observations - there doesn't appear to be evidence of systemic problems with the SS gear-train. or battery life on web forums for cars with SS.

Nevertheless- the absence of evidence to support your hypothesis is not a reason to keep SS operational on any car. There is a much better reason for its demise and it's driven by the oldest and most effective motivation: self interest!! SS is simply dangerous and it should be gone!!

Don

PS: it's good to read that you have joined the anti-SS movement!
    Now the world is like this, every theory even tichnicaly correct is signed as conspiracy.

When the car starts once during my way to work (with SS turned off) or 12 times with SS on, every day, You couldn't have University degree in automotive egineering to understand what is going to happen with battery, engine, bearings, gearbox/clutch.

In real life there is also no emission advantage, because the engine stops for 5 sec. max in most cases, emissions during start of engine are much higher than if engine is in idle during these short time periods.

Of course in a homologation routine the advantage of SS is significant, but the homologation routine has nothing to do with a real life, or better with my own real life experience.

6. Likes Jacek liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to basics, Start stop off on A! could work likw this:

Address 19,

channel IDE08348-Start/stop start voltage limit adapt from 12.5 V to 10.5 V,

(this limit blocks SS to work when voltage is higher than 10,5V)

Don't know exactly if it works for A1, but for similar cars - VW Polo and Skoda Fabia it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sportmotor View Post
    Back to basics, Start stop off on A! could work likw this:
    Address 19,
    channel IDE08348-Start/stop start voltage limit adapt from 12.5 V to 10.5 V,
    (this limit blocks SS to work when voltage is higher than 10,5V)
    Don't know exactly if it works for A1, but for similar cars - VW Polo and Skoda Fabia it works.
    Considering his Gateway is not UDS, it will only have numbered channels, not named ones.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes sportmotor liked this post