Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi A1 2015 Start/Stop deactivation problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    Now you're all gonna say I'm a consiracy theorist but considering VW falsified emissions as part of the dieselgate scandal, how probable do you think it is that this has been developed to ensure prematurely damage engine components, which "purely accidentally" of course increase revenues.
    Nice theory, but does the data support it?

Has there been an increase in failure rates of engine components, starter motors, etc. in vehicles fitted with SS?

The one component I suspect most likely has been replaced more often and costs more is the EFB/AGM battery...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Nice theory, but does the data support it?

Has there been an increase in failure rates of engine components, starter motors, etc. in vehicles fitted with SS?

The one component I suspect most likely has been replaced more often and costs more is the EFB/AGM battery...
    I've done 7 gearboxes where the clutch has burned through the bell housing and taken the starter motor too. All Seat Alhambras and all start-stop. My family have got 2 with start stop disabled. Never had a battery change let alone anything else

3. Likes sportmotor liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually there´s no possible way, but if you can create an ADMAP of ECU 19 I will have a loo on it

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvananils View Post
    Actually there´s no possible way, but if you can create an ADMAP of ECU 19 I will have a loo on it
    I'll give you a clue "12v".

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give you a clue "12v".
    YOu´re Wrong, 2015 A1 is PQ based car and not MQB, like new Model ;-)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done 7 gearboxes where the clutch has burned through the bell housing and taken the starter motor too. All Seat Alhambras and all start-stop. My family have got 2 with start stop disabled. Never had a battery change let alone anything else
    I like ALL conspiracy theories - not because I think that they should be believed, but rather because they make folk think laterally (if not dismissed out-of-hand)!!

In this instance though and notwithstanding your gearbox repair observations - there doesn't appear to be evidence of systemic problems with the SS gear-train. or battery life on web forums for cars with SS.

Nevertheless- the absence of evidence to support your hypothesis is not a reason to keep SS operational on any car. There is a much better reason for its demise and it's driven by the oldest and most effective motivation: self interest!! SS is simply dangerous and it should be gone!!

Don

PS: it's good to read that you have joined the anti-SS movement!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    What gearbox type, not a dry clutch DSG by any chance?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Start/stop is required to meet the consumption and emissions figures which the vehicles are sold confirming to - so disabling start/stop will increase emissions (especially in traffic queues) and this is something which Ross-Tech won't support.

Uwe - correct me if I'm wrong?
    Thank´s Petrol, now I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I don't have a problem if people can figure out how to get it done, but we Ross-Tech won't provide instructions for it.

-Uwe-
    Hello Uwer, thanks, totally understandable. My question for you is, why sometimes unchecking a bit that is clearly related to a tweak, (in this case "enabling start stop", but my question applies for any other case), isn´t enough and sometimes don´t change the function behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Vagimports: Bearing in mind Uwe's stated protocol (above) for SS matters and as a totally unsanctioned (by Ross-Tech) suggestion and because I personally despise SS with a vengeance (IMO, it's an extremely under-estimated and dangerous facility) and as a service to the growing number of drivers world-wide that want to join the anti-SS movement (and I don't mean the term "movement" to be confused with a bowel action that happens in a toilet) - forget the problem with coding and instead buy one of these

Given your handle - I assume that you have both the expertise and the facility to install the device across the native SS enable/disable switch (which I also assume is factory fitted to the car)

Don
    Thanks Don! That´s an excellent ida. However, my customer would like to disable it via coding. But I´ll keep it in mind for other cases.
    VAG Imports Argentina (Juan García)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello friend, thanks for your help.
    Unfortunatly, I´ve returned the car to my customer, I´ll ask him if he wants to give it another try, and scan the car again.
    VAG Imports Argentina (Juan García)