Key Fob programming MK7 2015 Golf TDI

desmoinestdi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320296
Hello,
I've added several key fobs to cars between 2009-2014, mostly Jettas. I typically have programmed an extra key fob like the following youtube video, in the adaptation section of either 9, 35 or 46:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKNg4yioFk

I'm trying to do the same thing on a 2015 Golf, and it looks different and I can't find the Remote control section of the adaptation section in the Central Locking (9) area. The adaptation section itself looks different now, too, is it a new version of the VCDS software?

Any ideas of how to make this one work?

Thanks

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Hello,
I've added several key fobs to cars between 2009-2014, mostly Jettas. I typically have programmed an extra key fob like the following youtube video, in the adaptation section of either 9, 35 or 46:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKNg4yioFk

I'm trying to do the same thing on a 2015 Golf, and it looks different and I can't find the Remote control section of the adaptation section in the Central Locking (9) area. The adaptation section itself looks different now, too, is it a new version of the VCDS software?

Any ideas of how to make this one work?

Thanks

if we talking about MQB - you need immo tool , because remote is learn automatic after key lear to immo system
in MQB remote can not be add just like that

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
if we talking about MQB - you need immo tool , because remote is learn automatic after key lear to immo system
Is this true even in a "basic" car without any Kessy?

-Uwe-

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Remotes are learned in the BCM now.

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Is this true even in a "basic" car without any Kessy?

-Uwe-
as far as I know - yes
because ODIS learn that automaticly while key learn
no need any extra procedure after key re-learn , just leran to cluster and key / remote add automatic

desmoinestdi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320296
Sorry, I don't understand the terminology (MQB, ODIS, BCM). I'm not trying to program a key itself, just an extra key fob for the remote lock/unlock functions only. Is this not possible in VCDS for the 2015 Golf?
Thanks

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Sorry, I don't understand the terminology (MQB, ODIS, BCM). I'm not trying to program a key itself, just an extra key fob for the remote lock/unlock functions only. Is this not possible in VCDS for the 2015 Golf?
Thanks

Sorry yes it is. You need to open Module 09 BCM (Body Control Module) and select security access. Type in code 31347 and then do it.

In the search box type in remote and then click on the drop down options and select remote control adaptation.

Under channel "01", the Stored value field should show the number of remotes your car currently has, eg 2,3,6.
In the New value field, enter 1 (if your car has one keyfob, 2 if there are two keyfobs, etc)
Press Test and then press the unlock button on the keyfob(s).
You have about 10-15 seconds to complete this step. If the keyfob registers, you'll get an acknowledgement signal as the indicators flash. If it fails then repeat the steps.

Hope this helps

P.S don't worry about the acronyms, you'll pick them up!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry, I don't understand the terminology (MQB, ODIS, BCM).
When they are bold, green, and have a broken underline, hover your cursor over them. ;)

-Uwe-

rdmelton

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=157152 (NRRT)

I have 2015 Q5. Is an immo tool required to program a new remote/key? I have one working remote/key and I would like to have a spare. If so, is it possible (and reasonable) to buy an immo tool?

Back