Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Dreaded P0441 Evap Code

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Can't you watch VCDS blocks for misfires or trims while pissing on engine since it's a piss and Schmitz combo?
    Ok will do

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, so basic and yet I have missed it, THE, watching the trims while spraying water.. Might not even run different but might shown up onnscan. Again stupid simple but great!, THANKS.
    LARRIMORE

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does work well so does a simple garbage bag............
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does work well so does a simple garbage bag............
    What do you do with the garbage bag?

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think I do with it, sometimes I put it over my head and huff to release hypertension or ventilation?

You forgot the duct tape huh?

Do you think if you took the tape and the bag and created a seal of sorts on intake you could watch/observe it implode to vacuum leak or add high pressure air to intake and watch bag expand?

Ever consider foamed glass cleaner and blow the suds off with high PSI?

Do you think if you cut strips of bag and attach to screw driver with tape and watch if bag gravitation seeks the leak?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think I do with it, sometimes I put it over my head and huff to release hypertension or ventilation?

You forgot the duct tape huh?

Do you think if you took the tape and the bag and created a seal of sorts on intake you could watch/observe it implode to vacuum leak or add high pressure air to intake and watch bag expand?

Ever consider foamed glass cleaner and blow the suds off with high PSI?

Do you think if you cut strips of bag and attach to screw driver with tape and watch if bag gravitation seeks the leak?
    Great news. Found another vacuum leak hiding so patched it up. No more misfires. Still getting the evap code though. When is your write-up on testing the evap system? I was reading it yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a vacuum pump and I started using it yesterday. I applied vacuum to each hose that was coming out of the evap purge valve and neither side held any vacuum with the car off. I'm assuming I need to crimp off the hose evap hose before the cannister on the one side and before the LDP on the other side? Also given how thick there hoses are what is your best option you use when crimping the hose off to deal them tight? I tried using a pliers and that won't hold it and feels like I will damage them. Also I can't hold it in place myself. These hoses are a lot less pliable compared to the vacuum hoses.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmitz20 View Post
    Great news. Found another vacuum leak hiding so patched it up. No more misfires. Still getting the evap code though. When is your write-up on testing the evap system? I was reading it yesterday and now I can't find it. I have a vacuum pump and I started using it yesterday. I applied vacuum to each hose that was coming out of the evap purge valve and neither side held any vacuum with the car off. I'm assuming I need to crimp off the hose evap hose before the cannister on the one side and before the LDP on the other side? Also given how thick there hoses are what is your best option you use when crimping the hose off to deal them tight? I tried using a pliers and that won't hold it and feels like I will damage them. Also I can't hold it in place myself. These hoses are a lot less pliable compared to the vacuum hoses.
    Hey Jack where is your evap write up? I thought I had saved it

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Uwe; 11-18-2019 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry what's the link? That one doesn't work

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmitz20 View Post
    Sorry what's the link? That one doesn't work
    I fixed the link in Jack's post (two posts up).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.