Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreaded P0441 Evap Code

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Dreaded P0441 Evap Code

Who has all got the dreaded p0441 evap code and there is no leak. I ran the groups 70 and 71 and my shop says there is an issue with evap system. No leak like I had hoped but could be anything. I already changed the small evap purge valave by the air filter. Im not sure what else to do. He said the signal could be bad to the purge valve or a block somewhere. How would I go about finding a block? Any help would be great. Thanks

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry P0441

Sorry p0441QUOTE=cschmitz20;180651]Who has all got the dreaded p0441 evap code and there is no leak. I ran the groups 70 and 71 and my shop says there is an issue with evap system. No leak like I had hoped but could be anything. I already changed the small evap purge valave by the air filter. Im not sure what else to do. He said the signal could be bad to the purge valve or a block somewhere. How would I go about finding a block? Any help would be great. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's will be difficult for anyone to give you any kind worthwhile feedback on this since you didn't even mention what kind of car you're having this problem on.

Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

PO441 CODE

Anyone get this dreaded code? See it could be the purge valve but already changed that. Seems it could be a number of things. Mechanic mentioned a block? How do I clean out lines? Just run air through the lines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, plenty of people have gotten it:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=P0441+site....ross-tech.com

We also have a Wiki entry for it:
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...5/P0441/001089

But it might be helpful if you mentioned what kind of car you've got this in.

-Uwe-

PS: Threads merged. Please refrain from opening multiple threads with the same question.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the VCDS forum OP!

Mighty vac tester with vacuum plug caps to isolate zones anyone?

Did you JPPSG yet in this forums sticky?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

Please post an auto-scan and consider the RTFB!

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

Is the N80 purge valve you changed correct part and is it installed in correct direction?

Are there any multiplicative vacuum leaks at intake or brake booster circuit?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 10-28-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    It's will be difficult for anyone to give you any kind worthwhile feedback on this since you didn't even mention what kind of car you're having this problem on.

Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-
    It is a 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet 3.0

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The N80 valve I bought was from eBay and it was unbranded from China. Would it be worthwhile to try another one that isn't from China? I did test it with voltage and it seems to open and close as I can blow air through it but there could be more to it then that? It seems to easy to be a simple part like the N80 valve that's not expensive and easy to replace. my mechanic also mentioned there could be a block? Do I just blow air through the hoses to clear the out?