Thread: Pressure release for high pressure pump replacement

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure release for high pressure pump replacement

I have a 2012 Audi A8L and I need to replace the high pressure fuel pumps. I believe there is supposed to be a procedure using VCDS that will allow me to do that but what I am trying doesn't work. In VCDS I am opening the Engine Controller and selecting Basic Settings. From there I am selecting IDE01564-Pressure release in rail. After clicking "Go!" I receive the following error:

ERROR: Service not supported in active session

Am I in the right place for this? Can VCDS reduce the pressure like I need it to in order for me to replace the fuel pumps?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably need to use the appropriate login prior to starting the basic settings.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I find the correct login for my controller/car?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's a different car, but the RTFB for my 2.0TFSI states to call up the MVB for actual fuel pressure, have the engine running, pull the LPFP fuse, and wait until the rail pressure dropped to 8.0 Bar. However, because I had to depressurise to replace a faulty injector - I couldn't start and run the engine in the first place.

So I wore my safety specs, put a flare wrench on the rail feed union, wrapped with a 'shop cloth' and caught the 'pthhhht' of fuel when cracking the union. Love the smell of atomised fresh petrol, but that's not relevent...

5. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, NZDubNurd liked this post