Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Testing 2003 A6 2.7t Cluster

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Bench Testing 2003 A6 2.7t Cluster

Hello guys new to Ross Tech i got the new Hex V2 and i can read the cluster and everything else in car i take the cluster out (ill explain in a sec) and hook it up and i get failed to initiate vcds tests and reads in options... ok back story my battery went dead in the car changed my battery and good ole immo came on (reflashed ECU Epromm to immo off, to drive car)lol went to redapt and cant .... so hooked up cheapy ftdi ft232r cable and read cluster its in shambles totally corrupt so take it out to try and recover eeprom on bench and k-line (which 10000 sites say its pin 25 on blue) will not read, hook it back in car it reads put it back on bench it will not .... pin 1,23 +possitive, 7,9,24 -negitive, k-line 25, every site i go to which have been doing for days i have done literally over 100 searches each in a different format and still come up the same thing. What am missing or people that do this, what secret step are they keeping to them selves.... no one around here does eeprom burning anymore and i dont want to buy a burner for just one time use, PLEASE HELP. I am register owner of my Hex v2 if you need to check email is [redacted].. thank you
    Last edited by Uwe; 10-24-2019 at 01:25 PM. Reason: e-mail address redacted

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are these clusters that suseptable to dead batteries that itll currupt the cluster eeprom? Thats kinda messed up and cheap on audis part and really f'd up for a person that does know about tuning and eletronics(most people that drive these cars)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb1223 View Post
    I am register owner of my Hex v2 if you need to check email is [redacted].. thank you
    Verified. But this would have been easier if you'd used the same e-mail address to join the forum and buy your VCDS.
    Are these clusters that suseptable to dead batteries that itll currupt the cluster eeprom?
    As a general rule, no. But let's not lose sight of the fact that this cluster is 16-17 years old now. That's like 90-somethig in people years.

As for it "in shambles", I have a fuzzy recollection that these late-mode 4B clusters always gave the typical mileage and immo tools fits.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured that too, but the bench test perplexese ... it works in the car but not on the Bench, what am i missing or does it actually use the can busses

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I would be very surpised requires any CAN bus connection to "talk".

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those clusters may have 2 K-lines, one for diagnostics, another one to communicate with ECU. Aren't You trying to connect to second one on the bench? Just a thought, I'm too tired after 6 days and some nights working this week to get up and start another computer with wiring diagrams right now, sorry. I never had any problems connecting A6C5, A4B5, Golf4, PassatB5 etc similar clusters on bench. They all are similar, but pinout may have some differences. Post an autoscan with cluster connected to car.

7. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Code:
    blue/7	  gnd
    blue/9	  gnd
    blue/24	  gnd
    blue/1	  +12v
    blue/23	  +12v
    green/28  K
    This is what I have used in A6 C5 facelift clusters.

9. Likes Uwe, MartinsX, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the pins i have used and it just will not read lol its got me flustered im driving the car with immo off code but i have no clue how much gas i have .. i have never had rhis much trouble with any eletronics ive played with

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gauge wire or what are you using for k-line... there is a w-line but im not using that pin

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    .... pin 1,23 +positive, 7,9,24 -negitive, k-line 25, every site i go to which have been doing for days i have done literally over 100 searches each in a different format and still come up the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Val
    green/28 K
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb1223
    Thats the pins i have used
    Then 25 or 28?
    Where is autoscan with cluster in car?