Fuel Rail Pressure (spec.)

ahiggins_1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380340
Would you say my Fuel Rail Pressure (spec.) is low at 40bar as the majority of examples I see are at 50bar?? Car running, stationary.

9cp2.jpg

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
When your ECU is calling for 40.00 bar and the the pump is producing 39.97, I would call that spot-on.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Did you JPPSG yet?

& &.........?

If you are experiencing a problem or believe fuel PSI or volume related, however, it isn't shown in blocks, don't you think, mechanical or actual volume tests should never be negated?

Did you know you can have PSI all day long in a controller block or even a mechanical PSI gauge and no volume?

Did you know some tuners or hacks tweak the stack to delete trouble codes or even actual specified tables to reflect a better outcome or actual tables & also possibly modified by tweaking the report table calculation too?

Point "is", sort of trust VCDS but verify in this day in age, the data "is" what it "is" & as it reports what it "is" in comparison but what does "is" really mean?

Don't just pay attention to block PSI either because did you know that duty cycle plays a significant roll in achieving that specified target?

For example if the cycle was pinned at 100% this would imply lots of work is being done by controller switching to maintain that target, the more you know right?

tenor.gif

fod-control-signs-risk-series.png

Back