Beer recommendations

Sagbelly

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362685
So I thought as it is a bar, we could recommend a few drinks for others to try if they ever come across them.

Beaver town neck oil, is a current favourite of mine.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I can personally recommend King Goblin :D

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Tried that, what about yourself Mike. Have a favourite tipple?

I used to be a Kronenbourg 1664 man, but I'm on medication now that reacts really badly with alcohol (I get hangover symptoms before I even get to the pleasurable merry stage), so I rarely drink anything!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Andy: Boutique beers (with interesting names) are OK - but I reckon that you should take advice from a couple of Aussie lads!!
Don

GEpFIrt.jpg

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
^^^ Andy: Boutique beers (with interesting names) are OK - but I reckon that you should take advice from a couple of Aussie lads!!
Don
The adverts would have us believe that all Aussies drink either the Amber Nectar (Fosters) or XXXX, (as they wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else).

Am I showing my age...?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Don

I actually tried to buy Victoria beer at my local beer store based on that exact photo. Somehow I ended up with Mexican beer. :confused:

e2138d2c-262a-412c-addb-a872b9a703e1_1.97349ea41c49bd0fcf3bab9a5169aa5f.jpeg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
The adverts would have us believe that all Aussies drink either the Amber Nectar (Fosters) or XXXX, (as they wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else).

Am I showing my age...?

Mike: No you are not showing your age - you are showing your "worldliness" !

Don

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I actually tried to buy Victoria beer at my local beer store based on that exact photo. Somehow I ended up with Mexican beer. :confused:

Andy: Absolutely outrageous - where are the Brand police?

The sooner that your POTUS builds the "GREAT BIG WALL" the better- how do these bottles cross the border?

Don

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Jack: Coffee flavored beer has to be up there with that other famous American delight -which I understand is claimed by the great state of Texas - deep fried butter!!

490px-Deep-fried_butter_at_State_Fair_of_Texas_2009a.jpg

Without intending any offense to home grown US cuisine, it looks to me like a heart attack on a plate (much easier to just inject the cholesterol straight into the aorta)!! But I suspect everyone up there eats them

Don

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
I think even the Americans come a distant second to the Scottish when it comes to deep-frying things:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...carbs-pizza-deep-fried-scotland-a8500216.html

A Scottish chip shop is offering Britain’s unhealthiest takeaway - a box consisting of fried foods worth nearly 7,000 calories.

The “Crunchy Box” includes chips, two pizza crunches, fish, two sausages, two hamburgers, onion rings, chicken nuggets - all deep fried, for the bargain price of £10.

To quench your thirst from all of the fried foods, the box also comes with a two-litre bottle of Irn-Bru - bringing the total calorie count up to 6,813.

However, despite the outrageously-high calorie count, the shop selling the bargain box, East West Spice, says that people cannot get enough.

(And it's probably only the UK's alcohol licensing laws that make that Irn-Bru instead of Special Brew)

add-frys-the-li-206521-0.jpg

Sage

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Back