Thread: MMI Firmware

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

MMI Firmware

Good day All

Thank you for having me.

I have one question thus far. Can the firmware of an Audi's MMI Module be rewritten by using a Ross-Tech. Meaning if the MMI has been reset with the "Bootloader" option in the green menu, it is then wiped of the module, can it be restored with a Ross-Tech or with the help of a Ross-Tech?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think so. MMI firmware is generally loaded from media, either optical disks or an SD card.

It might help if you told us exactly what car you're working on.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Uwe.

Thanx for the feedback info. Then....I recently replaced the MMI and Amplifier on my Audi A4 B8/8K 2008 model....and yes the protection kicked in. Everything works except the Amp only play's on left side of car and some features missing in MMI due to protection.

Now....next question!

Can the security of the vehicle be reset, merged or be disabled by a Ross-tech? I just want to fix it so that it works. I have been thinking about replacing the eeprom's of both with my original components......It should work...I think?!

Wouldn't it?

Thanx in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Removing CP isn't something VCDS can do - it needs access to VWs servers which they won't allow to third party tools such as VCDS.

You need someone with ODIS...

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    You need someone with ODIS...
    ODIS and and the requisite credentials to access the VW/Audi's corporate server.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you push "Bootloader" you are crazy and just Firmware update with optical media will help you