2017 a3 etron headlight drl activation

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
hmm.......... OK bummer - I've run-out of suggestions, alas. Perhaps another forum colleague might help?

Don
PS: Was I correct in my assumption:
DV52 said:
I'm guessing that what you are calling "the outer portion" of the headlights (i.e. the lamps that you want to operate as DRLs), currently work as parking lights and as single side parking lights.

Chuck.Dee

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=10180
Thanks DV52, hopefully someone chimes in, but if something pops in you head, please reply back.

SeverusHudson

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=335993
I know it is an old post; I don't know how many people still own the a3 e tron (I know Andy trades his in for an extraordinary ride ID4). Still, I want to share some experiences or funny moments when I try to make it work. (LED DRL in the front light LED head unit turn on with E Tron signature DRL at the fog light location.)

I read three posts about this matter, and none of them works on mine. Some adaption works on HID or Xeon versions per 2016 generation but not model with LED packages. Only Andy's way works but with rear LED on. I love the rear light LED design, so I don't mind the rear LED lighting up during the day. But I still want to find the perfect solution.

I broke the front LED turn signal, rear sequential turn signal, low beam headlight, and high beam headlight during the experiment. The dash had two warning messages dancing around and tons of error messages from the central electric and right and left rear light channel.

When I tried to fix them, the only way I learned was to go to the basic setting and recalibrate the headlight. Still, the headlight unit keeps telling me 'request out of range' or 'sequential error.' And at that moment, I had only 5 mins left to go to work. It was dark outside here in Canada at 6 a.m, and the car forgot where is her low beam headlight because of me.

Eventually, I turned off the car, unplugged VCDS and the laptop, and everything was turned off for 20 seconds, including my brain. Then I unlatched my hood, restarted the car, plugged in the VCDS and reversed everything I changed. After everything was back online, I went to the basic setting and let the headlight acknowledge the recalibration. The warning message was gone, and everything worked alright.

At the company parking lot, I continued my experiment by going through all the adaption and their combination. Then, I found out my front LED DRL in the LED headlight unit turned on without the low beam through a window reflection from an office building across the parking lot. So I quickly double-checked the map in my car that showed the day colour, not the night colour, and the headlight switch in auto mode.

I thought I did it by using "ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-DauerfahrlichtaktiviertzusaetzlichStandlicht, active" and "Außenlicht_Front Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO active". I was SO excited. Finally, I made some meaningful contributions to this forum, and I started to write my founding in this post. I want Andy, dv52 and everybody who needs this configuration to make their DRL work know that I got the solution.

When I was writing a completely different reply for this post, one of my office ladies came up to my car, and she said,

"Hey, the light on the back of your car looks really cool!"

"Yeah, Audi has the best design of its LED. WAIT, WHAT?"

Rock...

...Bottom.

(Later, I realized I went back to Andy's suggestion, it was the same adaption, but somehow I forgot during the experiment)

Back