Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit AID in Golf 7 GTD 2014 Error only in display! No Autoscan

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    after flash my gataway 530 M 1144 to AJ 1244 is possible restore the fecs?

because i see this: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=44856

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course if you have FAZIT access
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry After flash is necessary restore fecs?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi! I updated the gateway, problem solved !!! thanks !!! can you help me for the dataset? For AJ 1244
    Not have VCP i have odis-e odis-s and VCDS
    Last edited by djthema; 10-22-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! I own a 2014 Golf MK7 R and I have updated the analog instrument cluster with a brand new AID that has the following part number: 5G1.920.791.B

It was paired with my car by a friend that used ODIS (he has a dealer account for this tool) and VCDS in the process. Everything was set, but I am getting the range calculation error.

My original can gateway version was Q 1164 and while reasearching this error I've read in various places that updating the can gateway to version AJ 1244 should fix the error that I'm getting.

My friend tried to apply this fix. Can gateway was updated to AJ 1244, but I've lost the functionality of the Driving Modes button. The button was installed from factory, not retrofited, but my friend told me that he is not able to restore the functionality of the button. He mentioned something about not being able to complete parametrization.

Would someone be able to guide us in order to get this completed? For the moment I went back to Q 1164 as I need the driving modes more than I need a fix for the range error, but I am looking for a way to completely fix this whole situation.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have VCP
    Upload dataset :
    Data-start stop
    Data-drive profile
    Data-tiredness detection

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ That’s not enough. Seems that the update has wiped the feature enablation codes from the gateway. Update was done with VCP?

You cannot do online parameterization to the updated gateway as it does not match the factory database for your car. But you can restore FeCs. There’s a guided function for it.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djthema View Post
    If you have VCP
    Upload dataset :
    Data-start stop
    Data-drive profile
    Data-tiredness detection
    @djthema thanks for the quick reply. Is this information 100% valid? I just called my friend and he said that he bought a license for VCP in the past as he needed some datasets for another project, but he was never able to find them. Do you have a guide about how to find these datasets? If you do, I think I will also be able to share them with you if they work.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    ^ That’s not enough. Seems that the update has wiped the feature enablation codes from the gateway. Update was done with VCP?

You cannot do online parameterization to the updated gateway as it does not match the factory database for your car. But you can restore FeCs. There’s a guided function for it.
    @downtime this means that the only thing that needs to be done is retore FeC by using the guided function for this operation and it should be good to go?

My friend was trying to do it with restore function and after a lot of "writing" messages, there was a "parametrization error".
    Last edited by 320i24vv; 10-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are the errors in the gateway at the moment?

If you flash with VCP the downside is that it tends to wipe the module clean. Flashing with ODIS E does this better a it usually keeps those things intact. Not always but is better than VCP.

If you try to do online configuration to the gateway it will fail with parameterization error due to reasons explained earlier. But, parameterization with VCP and then online restore features should be fine.