of course if you have FAZIT access ;)

Reactions: Uwe

djthema

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=382547
Sorry After flash is necessary restore fecs?

djthema

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=382547
hi! I updated the gateway, problem solved !!! thanks !!! can you help me for the dataset? For AJ 1244
Not have VCP i have odis-e odis-s and VCDS

Last edited:

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
Hello everyone! I own a 2014 Golf MK7 R and I have updated the analog instrument cluster with a brand new AID that has the following part number: 5G1.920.791.B

It was paired with my car by a friend that used ODIS (he has a dealer account for this tool) and VCDS in the process. Everything was set, but I am getting the range calculation error.

My original can gateway version was Q 1164 and while reasearching this error I've read in various places that updating the can gateway to version AJ 1244 should fix the error that I'm getting.

My friend tried to apply this fix. Can gateway was updated to AJ 1244, but I've lost the functionality of the Driving Modes button. The button was installed from factory, not retrofited, but my friend told me that he is not able to restore the functionality of the button. He mentioned something about not being able to complete parametrization.

Would someone be able to guide us in order to get this completed? For the moment I went back to Q 1164 as I need the driving modes more than I need a fix for the range error, but I am looking for a way to completely fix this whole situation.

djthema

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=382547
If you have VCP
Upload dataset :
Data-start stop
Data-drive profile
Data-tiredness detection

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
^ That’s not enough. Seems that the update has wiped the feature enablation codes from the gateway. Update was done with VCP?

You cannot do online parameterization to the updated gateway as it does not match the factory database for your car. But you can restore FeCs. There’s a guided function for it.

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
If you have VCP
Upload dataset :
Data-start stop
Data-drive profile
Data-tiredness detection

@djthema thanks for the quick reply. Is this information 100% valid? I just called my friend and he said that he bought a license for VCP in the past as he needed some datasets for another project, but he was never able to find them. Do you have a guide about how to find these datasets? If you do, I think I will also be able to share them with you if they work.

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
^ That’s not enough. Seems that the update has wiped the feature enablation codes from the gateway. Update was done with VCP?

You cannot do online parameterization to the updated gateway as it does not match the factory database for your car. But you can restore FeCs. There’s a guided function for it.

@downtime this means that the only thing that needs to be done is retore FeC by using the guided function for this operation and it should be good to go?

My friend was trying to do it with restore function and after a lot of "writing" messages, there was a "parametrization error".

Last edited:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
What exactly are the errors in the gateway at the moment?

If you flash with VCP the downside is that it tends to wipe the module clean. Flashing with ODIS E does this better a it usually keeps those things intact. Not always but is better than VCP.

If you try to do online configuration to the gateway it will fail with parameterization error due to reasons explained earlier. But, parameterization with VCP and then online restore features should be fine.

djthema

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=382547
I try now in odis online to restore fecs ......work!
in the next week i use VCP for:

13226681_1085234968203060_5114704164905837795_n.jpg

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
I use vcp.....now work all !! Thanks

Hello!

would you be able to please share the ZDC file that you have used?
I am not able to find it in the VCP library.
I am only able to find an AJ parametrization file which is not good for AF gateway.

Back