Emissions Readiness

The Goose

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255803
I'll ask here in hopes of getting a quick yes or no since I didn't have my serial number when I set up, and still can't post to the rest of the forum.

I have a 2017 VW GTI that I tuned with Eurodyne to their adjustable stage 1.5. Since I had all of my emissions components installed, I foolishly assumed I would pass my Missouri state emissions inspection. I didn't.

I flashed back to stock, and the next day I checked obd2 readiness with my cable. It says heated catalyst monitoring: not installed. I drive it around for 2 days. Same thing, but I checked in the engine module and everything shows passed.
3922af65bd9b64deb02309090f069404.jpg

811671c380b142d8c8d00e17e679a185.jpg

I understand it takes a while to get everything back to normal, so I checked this morning and it is still the same over a week later.

Does anyone know if this thing will pass? I'm starting to wonder if my stock file was corrupted or something?

...And sorry the pictures are so freaking huge.

...And thanks for having such a great product.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"Not Installed" is acceptable. These cars do not have Heated Catalysts, so there's nothing for that to monitor, and they do not use ozone-depleting refrigerant, so the refrigerant does not need to be monitored. These two things were written into the OBD-II specs as those specs were being developed in the early 1990s, but I've never seen a car that has either one.

Did whoever performed your inspection tell you why you failed previously?

Based on what I see there, you should pass.

-Uwe-

PS: Got you Verified. It would have been easier if you had used the same e-mail address for the forum as your for your order in 2015. :)

The Goose

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255803
Thank you, O wise and benevolent Dear Leader, your wisdom is only surpassed by your benevolence. :D What a great avitar Uwe!

I did pass, and they ended up not charging me for it! The first guy felt bad I didn't pass and said just pay when you come back, and the guy today said I won't charge you since your coming back. Said I didn't pay for the first one, and he said, "Nah you're cool." Today is shaping into a real nice day.

It failed for a "Comm. Fail Reason: Cat. Conv. Unsupported-Programming Error"

Thanks for getting me verified, I don't think I use that one much anymore, it's mostly junk mail now. I'm normally over on golfmk7, and originally over on vortex from my MK4 days where I first heard about you. Hopefully I can be an asset here, but I'm normally looking for help, not giving it. :o

Thanks again.

Reactions: Uwe
Back