Thank you

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I am still unable to post threads after registering my Ross-Tech product
Yet somehow you were able to post that. ;)

You registered your VCDS today, less than 6 hours ago. These things do not happen instantly.

But you are now Verified. :)

-Uwe-

crouzilles

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380341
Thank you

I believe the New Users section of the forum allows non verified members to post, hence the ability to for me to post this thread.

As I am an IT guy I assumed (wrongly) that the registration process via the software is automated and not manual as it appears to be. It wasn't impatience on my part, more ignorance that led me to post :)

Regards

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As I am an IT guy I assumed (wrongly) that the registration process via the software is automated and not manual as it appears to be.
Our internal "CRM" system can and does check the forum for certain things, but the forum cannot check our internal system for anything at all. We would never allow the later due to potential security problems with the forum software having access to the CRM system.

So in a case like yours, where you joined the forum before you registered your system, and did not provide a serial number when you joined the forum, there was no way for our CRM system to know what forum account to check (and flag for a status upgrade) when you registered.

-Uwe-

Back