Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Treg 2010 7P Retrofit Hella Bixenon LED Headlights Help Required

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like

VW Treg 2010 7P Retrofit Hella Bixenon LED Headlights Help Required

Hi Guys,

I am from Kenya and proud owner of my 2nd Treg which is 2010 7P imported from the UK around March 2017. I needed some assistance as tried to check on several forums threads but without success as did retrofit of Hella Bixenon LED Headlights 1ZS 010 328-061 & 1ZS 010 328-051/VW OEM 7P1941751/7P1941752which bought from the UK and replaced the factory fitted halogen and took a while with my local mechanic to have them operational but not full functional as the cornering lights function doesn't work at all and also at night they seem very weak and not well lit and range seems off as dipped facing down the road almost two metres from the car.What could be the issue with the cornering function and range and brightness? Is there coding to be done to resolve all the mentioned issues ie. cornering function when steer and brightness and also range? Also what would be the coding required once installed the Bixenon LED headlights so everything works fine, DRL,indicator,beam,full etc? According to Kufatec the current BCM1 should be compatible with Xenon headlights as they advised but seems something is amiss as when autoscan was done cannot locate address 55 which pertains to headlight range and adjustment etc.
    Can someone save me as spent some good cash getting the headlights and also sent for BCM1 highline just in case is required.All this should not go down in vain! I need a miracle!
    Thanks to advise and share feedback and below is last autoscan.

Code:
    Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 10-16-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're determined to get this working then I'd suggest updating your VCDS first off.

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    If you're determined to get this working then I'd suggest updating your VCDS first off.
    Thanks Viking, to which version would you suggest so can kick start to try and salvage the situation?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The latest as always, can be found here: https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php

Currently that's 19.6.2.

That being said, my guess is you (or your mechanic) haven't fitted the AFS master/range controller so you should buy one and wire it up as per the factory wiring diagrams...

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by langers2k View Post
    The latest as always, can be found here: https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.php

Currently that's 19.6.2.

That being said, my guess is you (or your mechanic) haven't fitted the AFS master/range controller so you should buy one and wire it up as per the factory wiring diagrams...
    Hi langers2k,

Thanks, my mechanic has confirmed has latest 19.6.2 Regards to the AFS master/range controller confirm if that is part number 7P6 907 357 C as this is what have with me in case need to buy that share the part number and possible factory wiring diagrams as sourced this from supplier who didn't share the wiring diagram unfortunately

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please post an autoscan using the latest VCDS version.

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    will share autoscan using latest VCDS version on Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wesiroyo View Post
    will share autoscan using latest VCDS version on Friday
    So who owns the clone/pirate copy you posted the first scan from?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    So who owns the clone/pirate copy you posted the first scan from?

-Uwe-
    am afraid that was mine which bought from supplier few weeks ago.. need to get latest version with cable asap..

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    can anyone share link for wiring instructions for the Complete kit Bi-xenon headlights with cornering light for VW Touareg 7P Kufatec kit which includes the AFS master/range controller, thanks.