Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RETROFIT VIRTUAL COCKPIT NOW PROBLEMS HELP PLZ

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeme View Post
    2013 audi a3 2.0 tdi hatchback 5 door

Do not know what 4E is cant get rid of it
    4E is for Rear Seat Entertainment. Its set on the MIB2.

Go into Adaptation of 5F and look for "Smart Display Carrier 1" or 2 under "Installation List"

Set it to No, and apply and reboot your MIB2 with 3 Finger Salute. This will clear 4E from your Autoscan list.

I'm not sure if VCDS shows the names next to each installation list now (it didnt previously).. but might do now. Otherwise use ODIS.

Andy

p.s. - Did you buy a brand new VC cockpit then (0 Miles) and set RS "Dials" (the big centre dial) before removing CP and putting mileage back on it?
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud View Post
    4E is for Rear Seat Entertainment. Its set on the MIB2.

Go into Adaptation of 5F and look for "Smart Display Carrier 1" or 2 under "Installation List"

Set it to No, and apply and reboot your MIB2 with 3 Finger Salute. This will clear 4E from your Autoscan list.

I'm not sure if VCDS shows the names next to each installation list now (it didnt previously).. but might do now. Otherwise use ODIS.

Andy

p.s. - Did you buy a brand new VC cockpit then (0 Miles) and set RS "Dials" (the big centre dial) before removing CP and putting mileage back on it?
    hi thanks for the help. and i got mine used the guy sold unit. display and cockpit togather. it was from an S3. if you are going to buy a used 1. ebay is good so your backed up i got really lucky as it could have been stolen. i seen a few from an s3 cockpit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeme View Post
    hi thanks for the help. and i got mine used the guy sold unit. display and cockpit togather. it was from an S3. if you are going to buy a used 1. ebay is good so your backed up i got really lucky as it could have been stolen. i seen a few from an s3 cockpit
    So what have you done with the mileage? Using the one on the S3 shown or...??
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    So what have you done with the mileage? Using the one on the S3 shown or...??
    THE MILEAGE IS LEFT AS IT IS. THERE IS NOT ANYONE WHO CAN CHANGE IT AT THE MOMENT BUT OH WELL...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have virtual cockpit with 2.0 diesel dsg. Need to compare coding if possible. Thank you in advance.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    With these retrofits you need to update your CAN Gateway to a 3Q0 version as they are notorius for errors with older gateways.

8. Likes Uwe, kamold liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    With these retrofits you need to update your CAN Gateway to a 3Q0 version as they are notorius for errors with older gateways.
    Yes you are right. It sorted a lot of problems out

10. Likes kamold liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st you need to do KS master connection system, then FES restore for 19 and 5F

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.barghouthi View Post
    1st you need to do KS master connection system, then FES restore for 19 and 5F
    hi. what is a KS master connection?

13. Likes jimmyq liked this post