E-golf engine control

Tostarp

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New here and will describe a problem which i am currently facing. Hoping for input from some of you…

I am in the middle of refitting of a Golf (MK2) from 1988. The Golf is a model which is called 'Citystromer' and is fully electric and delivered from VW (I Think appr 100 was made?). I found the car in a hidden garage and it is in absolute mintcondition. Sadly the 'driveline' with the Electronic steering (enourmous computer etc) was totally destroyed and pieces being taken so it was no option to try to repair it as it was.

About one year ago I bought a drivetrain from an 2014 e-golf and have now fit it into the old car and it fits pretty nice mechanically. I also have the harness and some 'Electronic boxes' with it.

A sidetrack is that I also own my own 2015 e-golf so I have pretty good knowledge on how it is looking in a real, working car.

It is not any problem to actually buy a brand new DC-AC converter and use it on the new driveline, the blocking point is the cost of such item (It is bloody expensive!!). I want to use the DC-AC converter which is already fit on my new e-golf drivetrain if possible. It is already there and has cooling etc etc in place.

Now to my problem:
The unit which I want to utilize is the 5QE-907-070-* (Made by Bosch). It is as I understand controlled by a module called 0EA-906-016-*.
a) Is the protocol between these two modules CAN or analouge? I suspect analouge and in such case I can use another methods to control it (Like Arduino or similar).
b) If not any of above, any other ideas?
c) If it will be easier to utilize the driveline by including the 0EA-906-016-*, it is anyone of you who have info about the database for this ECU?

I know what many of of you will say: Yes I will never get an old car to work like an e-golf with recuperation etc. However that is not the goal with this conversion. I am happy that I can drive the car forwards and perhaps backwards, thats all. The car will only be shown at fairs etc and occaisonally driven very short distances.

Anyone who has input?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
0EA-906-016 looks to be a battery charging controller?

I'm sure there is some interaction, but I doubt it "controls" the 5QE-907-070 motor/drive controller?

I would imagine the communications between them are CAN.

Try to find an SSP for the eGolf?

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ perhaps Self-study Programme 530?

Reactions: Uwe
Back